For Employees

skiddp

Alright, so I found out some things from Heather. This following information pertains to employees of JFBB only. We will still get our season pass, but we will have to validate it, working it or not. Our 50% food discount stays :rock:D:rock , and we won't get new jackets. The only bad thing I see here is having to validate our pass everyday, but whatever. The only problem I see with that is if we get to the mountain early (7:45a.m., 8:00a.m.) and the ticket windows aren't open. We will have to run around to try to find someone. Oh well, I can live with these changes. I love to ski, so nothing can really bother me as long as I am teaching and skiing. :yes

Alright, so I found out some things from Heather. This following information pertains to employees of JFBB only. We will still get our season pass, but we will have to validate it, working it or not. Our 50% food discount stays :rock:D:rock , and we won't get new jackets. The only bad thing I see here is having to validate our pass everyday, but whatever. The only problem I see with that is if we get to the mountain early (7:45a.m., 8:00a.m.) and the ticket windows aren't open. We will have to run around to try to find someone. Oh well, I can live with these changes. I love to ski, so nothing can really bother me as long as I am teaching and skiing. :yes

If you can, find out if they plan on opening the windows early, to validate season passes ( which I still think is a bunch of BS, especially making an employee do it...I guess they don't consider their employees VIP's).

Edited by bigdaddyk

• 1 month later...
I am a little skeptical about the staff having to validate their passes everytime. I think this will work for employees not working on the mountain(i.e. ski patrol, ski instructors, ect.) I know this will be hard for the Ski Patrol since our station is at the bottom of the mt. and when we go up in the morning it is to ski the runs open. We really dont have the time to go and have to waste time validating a pass. I hope they have worked this portion out.

I can see it now....somebody needs ski patrol, but nobody can respond because they are waiting to get their pass validated :rofl .

So far they haven't listened to their ( past ) customers, so I highly doubt that they will listen to their employees. Most businesses will make changes to please the customer, but don't care as much if the employees make the suggestion. If Sno Mountain puts in similar fans and guns, they'll take away a lot of customers since they aren't doing anything stupid like forcing their pass holders to get a ticket each time. I still think there is some type of motive behind validating the pass, other than trying to cut down on scamming.

Edited by bigdaddyk

• 4 weeks later...

Well I just got back from JFBB for the Ski Patrol Meetings. And we got final word that we(the ski patrol) will not have to validate our passes. I don't believe that goes for all employees though. You would have to check with your Director/Manager. They final said that the red jackets with the large white cross on the back are our pass onto the mountain.

How long have you been on the patrol?