New boots!

Stevo

No word yet on whats coming out next year for bindings. I know Burton is working on a Fusion replacement but its a year or more away, and not really a binding for hardcore riders anyway. I told a lot of people not to get bindings last year becuase Burton was using the asymetrical highbacks this year, Ride was changing their entire line around, and Salomon was putting out the Relay. I haven't had more than maybe a half hour playing with the new stuff but i'm impressed by the Rides and the Relays. I've never been a huge fan of Burton bindings becuase I've had some issues with mine. My Ride SPi's from a few years ago are great but really beat up, probably 100+ days on them now and some of the foam and stuff is warn down, but in general they just look beat up so they might be replaced.

For freeride/park bindings I think I'd be looking at Ride bindings this year, not sure exactly which one because I don't know the pricing by heart yet.

For park only bindings I'd be looking at the Salomon Relay, with the soft heel cup. Probably good as free ride bindings only too but you don't need the fore-aft flex on them just riding around so unnecesary.

For "Wow" factor or "i need to have the newest and most expensive" i'd recommend the Burton CO2 becuase they look cool as hell, but don't think they're the best binding out.

I'm glad Burton got rid of the full carbon back C60 becuase so many poeple who didn't need them and wouldn't like them bought them last year just becuase they were the most expensive, and therefore 'had to be the best'. Or just becuase they were 'so light' without listening to why most people don't need a binding that stiff.

Burton also had a problem with the C60 highback last year. Many of the riders who actually took them to the limit broke the highback serveral times. Last time i was at a shop i was looking at the C60's. They don't actually feel as stiff as a Ride SPi at all. They seem to flex ALOT for supposidly being really stiff.

I have the 07 Ride SPi's. I wanna get on them real bad. I have 05 Burton P1's, which i took the super, and cap straps off, and fitted them to my SPi's.

If burton does one thing right about bindings, they know how to make really comfortable straps.