this end up -->

Blong131

i don't think you can have a directional twin board.. If it was twin, it wouldn't matter, tip and tail, both the same length.. Directional boards will have a bigger nose then tail as far as length goes. So look for that.

i don't think you can have a directional twin board.. If it was twin, it wouldn't matter, tip and tail, both the same length.. Directional boards will have a bigger nose then tail as far as length goes. So look for that.

They exist, i believe directional twin is just referring to the board being similar in shape at both ends but favors one side (the front) as the dominant side to ride. True twin is the exact same on both sides.

i cant say i'm 100% positive, but my understanding of a directional twin is that it is true twin shape, but the insert pattern is set back from center slightly, but can still be mounted at center by offsetting the bindings. by having the bindings set more towards one end of the board, but the board still being symmetrical, it becomes a directional twin.

It kind of depends on the manufacturer, Justo is right on some boards, and other boards the board is the same shape all the way around, but the core is differant. Usually the part of the board that is the 'tail' is stiffer, so you get more ollie pop, better landings etc. Then when you go switch the board rides the same, but there is less wood on the 'nose' so it doesn't ollie as well, but it is lighter.

It kind of depends on the manufacturer, Justo is right on some boards, and other boards the board is the same shape all the way around, but the core is differant. Usually the part of the board that is the 'tail' is stiffer, so you get more ollie pop, better landings etc. Then when you go switch the board rides the same, but there is less wood on the 'nose' so it doesn't ollie as well, but it is lighter.

forgot about that part...