Press Release: Big Boulder Park Announces 'East Coast Team Challenge'

ParkLogic

i completely agree, as do a bunch of others clearly, that skiers should be included. i ski and personally i get just as hyped to ride w/ snowboarders as i do fellow skiers, and i'm pretty sure it's vice versa in a lot of areas. i think it would be sick to include both sports in one even to showcase what the shop really has to offer. Seriously...make this even open to skiers as well. you'd get a bigger turnout, a much sicker event, and way more exposure along the whole east coast.

yup

like i said, there may be fewer of us, but the talent level of the skiers in the area is easily on par with that of the snowboarders. in fact, at most of bear's comps last year, the skiers easily outshined the snowboarders. i'm in no way trying to put one above the other, which i feel is what boulder is doing with the shop comp. there's plenty of talent on both sides, now come on guys, let us showcase that, please?

yup

Blue mountain had the best park in 05-06...we'll see who comes out on top this year....I can't wait to hit some of the cheese wedges and tabletops along with the big-mofo booters...plus hit the new butter box along with the lightup box along with the two flights of steps..I don't mess with rails but I think I'm going to try to bonk the wall ride...you know ollie off a mini-kicker..hit the wall ride with my ski bases and maybe slap the wall with some poles for extra steeze points..yeah boy E...it needs to get cold... :rock

As long as Parklogic has a skiers only competition later in the season...with equal prizes..all will be good with the world..I wonder if they'll open any more parklogic franchises next season..maybe at Spring Mountain or Elk

doug..whole different issue. we're trying to get them to allow skiers to compete in this.. soo...youre really not helping by talking about blues park, no offense.

doug, you're not helping my cause here. to the parklogic guys, can we get a real reason as to why you dont want skiers competing? saying you have to judge skiers against snowboarders is not a good reason, because as long as you have the same number of skiers and snowboarders per team, you dont have to judge them against each other. it sounds a lot like a cop-out to me.

exactly

seriously guys this is really outta whack.. i mean these guys have just as much talent to show off as any of the boarders..and i thought the whole point of recent comps was to integrate skiing and snowboarding..not push them apart.. i know ive got a bunch of buddies that board and most of the kids on here that ski have boarders in their crew.. i mean..part of the reason everyone gets better is that you're riding with both skiers AND boarders so you develop mixed styles and skiers might try something boarders do a lot, and vice versa.. we influence eachother soo much...you know what i mean? skiers and riders help eachother out.. theres no reason we cant be in the same comp.

holy shit this is weak

I think papasteeze is exactly right though, it probably has all to do with the sponsors that paid for the trip

oops sorry, my friend was on under my username, i DID NOT write that...

buuut I've talked with Shawn @ BB a little while back and i know they have been working hard putting together a bunch of freestyle events, and I would wait a little longer to get all the details before making all kinds of negative assumptions, and I def know they have some sick events planned for this winter that do include skiing. So just hold off for a little bit til they get their whole event schedule completed.

buuut I've talked with Shawn @ BB a little while back and i know they have been working hard putting together a bunch of freestyle events, and I would wait a little longer to get all the details before making all kinds of negative assumptions, and I def know they have some sick events planned for this winter that do include skiing. So just hold off for a little bit til they get their whole event schedule completed.

ah yep...... :yes

thank you... someone with common sense.

saying you have to judge skiers against snowboarders is not a good reason, because as long as you have the same number of skiers and snowboarders per team, you dont have to judge them against each other. it sounds a lot like a cop-out to me.

Uh..........all you need is two categories. Skier teams and snowboard teams. Then they don't have to be judged against each other. Simple. And you will have a bigger turnout.

:ph34r:

Uh..........all you need is two categories. Skier teams and snowboard teams. Then they don't have to be judged against each other. Simple. And you will have a bigger turnout.

Another thought. Isn't Blue doing a similar thing on Tuesday nights?

Another thought. Isn't Blue doing a similar thing on Tuesday nights?

you could do it that way, but then its not so much one shop team, as it is two teams from the same shop. you're not depending on each other as much in a setup like that.

and no, thats not like what blue's doing tuesday nights. blue's as far as i know is not a team event.