Press Release: Big Boulder Park Announces 'East Coast Team Challenge'

ParkLogic

is it open for skiers too???!

fuuuuudge thats so sick..i might have go get some girls together haha even though wed have no chance that still sounds really fun

ps. way to bring it boulder!!!

Due to the complexity of judging (ie team event with multiple features) and to insure the integrity of judging, this will be a snowboard event. Please note that the BB Park event calendar is not finalized and we do have additional events planned for snowboarders and skiers alike.

mike n matts represent

duude you guys better win the shop comp

i friggen love it there

favorite shop around blakeslee

except for the fact they dont carry any twins or anything..for that i go to 940..but everyone at mike n matts is sooo chill...sooo pretty much mike n matts owns 940

except deeter.

Edited by megan

god dammit boulder lets me down every time. you guys just shat in the face of skiing, exactly like you did at creek, and exactly like boulder did at the oakley rail jam last year. discrepencies in judging? thats a pretty beat excuse. if its teams of four, why not two skiers, two boarders? judge the skiers against the other skiers, boarders against boarders, and total the score up that way. its not rocket science. i thought this industry was beyond the point of excluding half of the possible participants because of the way they choose to ride down the hill. the level of skiing is easily at the same level as the best snowboarders around here, and i'm sure i'm not the only one who finds it retarded to not showcase some of the best talent in the area, or the entire east coast, because we have two boards under our feet instead of one.

I think it would be cool for skiers and boarders to work as a team. More and more of us are riding together as crews, so why not bring that into the comp scene. If there are boarder only contests, then why not skier only contests? In my opinion because its more fun when both disciplines can feed off of each others styles to improve their own riding. Snowboarders owe a ton to skiing, and newschool/freeride skiers owe a ton to snowboarding. The debate is on!

disclaimer edit: yes I know there are skier only contests and boarder only contests in racing form and the olympics and other more structured ways, but I'm talking about skier/boarder shared mountains and park scenes.

Edited by freeridintre

I think it would be cool for skiers and boarders to work as a team. More and more of us are riding together as crews, so why not bring that into the comp scene. If there are boarder only contests, then why not skier only contests? In my opinion because its more fun when both disciplines can feed off of each others styles to improve their own riding. Snowboarders owe a ton to skiing, and newschool/freeride skiers owe a ton to snowboarding. The debate is on!

disclaimer edit: yes I know there are skier only contests and boarder only contests in racing form and the olympics and other more structured ways, but I'm talking about skier/boarder shared mountains and park scenes.

WORD

gah that pisses me off

judging at boulder sucks anyway so i dont think it would really matter if skiers competed too

like i knew some comps used to not let chicks compete which was lame enough, but i figured everyone let skiers compete.. skiing's a huge part of boulder, i mean.. i dunno i think thats pretty lame to not let us enter.

Edited by megan

ok, now I can speak........

I am betting that it has to do with the sponsors for this event. It's time to announce events because the calendar slots are filling up. I am thinking the Park Logic crew came onto BB tooo late to hit up new sponsors along with welding all those rails so they went with thier established supporters from years past.

Also - correct me if I am wrong, while snowboard sales are flat and twins are gaining market share. doesn't boarding still have the biggest part of FS sales?

I bet if someone approached them and said we will fund a trip to Breck for the open category but you have to change your format, they would. Hello Nestors? LOL. hahahaha, no that won't work cause when Thomases are all getting on thier flight, everyone will say the comp was rigged! :P

shop teams, but only snowboarders doesn't seem right.

Footnote and slightly off topic, but to back up Justo: and a possible glimpse into the future or just a strange phenonemon. NextSnow.... at the various qualifiers, riders out number skiers at least 2 to 1, at MC last year it was 34 to 1 LOL.... NOW.. at the finals in killington. Skiers out numbered riders at least 2 to 1.

i completely agree, as do a bunch of others clearly, that skiers should be included. i ski and personally i get just as hyped to ride w/ snowboarders as i do fellow skiers, and i'm pretty sure it's vice versa in a lot of areas. i think it would be sick to include both sports in one even to showcase what the shop really has to offer. Seriously...make this even open to skiers as well. you'd get a bigger turnout, a much sicker event, and way more exposure along the whole east coast.

Footnote and slightly off topic, but to back up Justo: and a possible glimpse into the future or just a strange phenonemon. NextSnow.... at the various qualifiers, riders out number skiers at least 2 to 1, at MC last year it was 34 to 1 LOL.... NOW.. at the finals in killington. Skiers out numbered riders at least 2 to 1.

like i said, there may be fewer of us, but the talent level of the skiers in the area is easily on par with that of the snowboarders. in fact, at most of bear's comps last year, the skiers easily outshined the snowboarders. i'm in no way trying to put one above the other, which i feel is what boulder is doing with the shop comp. there's plenty of talent on both sides, now come on guys, let us showcase that, please?

doug, you're not helping my cause here. to the parklogic guys, can we get a real reason as to why you dont want skiers competing? saying you have to judge skiers against snowboarders is not a good reason, because as long as you have the same number of skiers and snowboarders per team, you dont have to judge them against each other. it sounds a lot like a cop-out to me.