Prank, Gossip or Fact???

Papasteeze

"11/11/06

As many of you know, Intrawest recently sold Mountain Creek to a new owner. With new ownership comes changes. It has been brought to our attention that the terrain at Mountain Creek was targeted too much to the freestyle riding and skiing group of customers. To ensure complete customer satisfaction from our pro freestyle riders and skiers to our beginner riders and skiers we have decided to shrink the terrain park down. This will give Mountain Creek a much wider variety of terrain for all skill levels. There will no longer be an exhibition park at Mountain Creek South and the terrain park at North will be limited to one slope instead of branching off into three seperate parks. There will no longer be a jib park at the bottom of north on the bunny slope. However, there will still be an olympic size superpipe which we will attempt to open much earlier in the season. The terrain park at North will still feature a wide variety of rails, jumps, and other features. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes our freestyle riders and skiers. We do hope to expand our freestyle terrain in the future.

Thank you,

Mountain Creek Management"

Well...if that's true, that would definatly hurt them. Over the years they built up this crazy reputation of having insane parks...and since they don't exactly have good, if any, "natural terrain", then their business is done....nothing justifies them to make their parks smaller.

And the statement at the end, "We do hope to expand our freestyle terrain in the future. ", completely contradicts what they said...why would they look to expand their parks in the future if they are making them smaller now.

I've heard Intrawest sold MC, I've also heard Intrawest was bought out by someone or some organization, but the goal of the buyout was to keep it low key.

I'm not sure I believe the buyout rumor.

Everything I've heard about MC is it's extremely crowded except for the parks. Maybe the new owners are just looking at the bottom line, where they can fill a few more slopes, and bring a few more regular skiers/riders to the slopes, since the park wasn't packed to capacity.

Where did the email come from?

I've heard Intrawest sold MC, I've also heard Intrawest was bought out by someone or some organization, but the goal of the buyout was to keep it low key.

Intrawest Corp., owner of Mammoth, Copper, Winter Park, Stratton, Mountain Creek, Snowshoe Mountain, Whistler, Blue Mountain, Ontario, Tremblant in Quebec, and Flaine Montsoleil, French Alps, has agreed to be acquired by Fortress Investment Group LLC, a private equity firm, for about $1.81 billion cash

NEW YORK (AP) -- Canadian resort operator Intrawest Corp. said Friday it has agreed to be acquired by private equity firm Fortress Investment Group LLC for a total of $2.8 billion, including an unspecified amount of debt.

The $35-per-share cash offer represents a 32 percent premium over Intrawest's Thursday closing price of $26.51 on the New York Stock Exchange. Its shares rose $7.49, or 28.3 percent, to $34 in premarket activity.

Intrawest, whose properties include luxury safari operator Abercrombie & Kent and the Whistler Blackcomb ski resort in British Columbia, said Fortress offered the best option for shareholders.

The company hired investment bank Goldman Sachs to review its strategic options in February.

The acquisition requires the approval of regulators and two-thirds of votes cast by Intrawest shareholders. The deal has the backing of Intrawest's board of directors and is expected to close in October, pending receipt of shareholder and court approval.

Fortress was founded in 1998 and manages about $23 billion in capital.

That was about 2 months ago. From tremblant-insider.com. Intrawest got sold but so did all the mountains. Doesn't look like Fortress is changing anything (personell, budget etc) operationally this year. Although in the future possibly, but I doubt they will change Mountain Creek.

im sayin its not true because why would the send that to you? just to piss you off. its like anti advertising and no one would ever directly be like "were making our parks worse." id call bullshit on it but if im wrong that would be a very very sad thing

It was someones joke.....