Hello?

n0xidee

Just wondering if anyone is a regular at this mountain. I am now at college about 45 minutes away so I think this is going to be my new home mountain. When I lived outside of Philly my home was Blue. Anyone know how this compares to there?

I'm not a regular at The Knob, but I went up there a couple times last year. The Knob is awesome, the snowmaking is pretty iffy, but the mountain is great. The vert is pretty decent and the expert trails use a large amount of it with no runout. Extrovert is steep, even comparable to something like lower k27 at Hunter. There are also some crazy gladed trails but I got the impression that they are rarely open.

I'd hardly call myself a "regular," but I go there for a week just about every season. The lodge is really campy and, on weekdays, very chummy. I always meet great people at the knob. Mostly die-hards, even the retirees know how to boogie down the black runs! The chairs are exceedingly slow. A bottom to top high speed quad is really needed to replace the pair of pokey dual-seat lifts.

As noted, the snowmaking is not the operator's forte and neither is their grooming. It is a challenging mountain, one that advanced intermediates and experts will love. For those climbing the learning curve, it'll get you! Beginners will want to stay on the practice slope for a while before venturing down Mambo Alley.

The trails are a tad narrower than most places. There is good vert to be had, especially on Deer Run and Extrovert. Don't overlook the fun drops on Jack Rabbit (blue) and on upper/lower Expressway. When the natural snow cooperates, it is among the best places to go for glade skiing. Last year, the glades were open for only a few days. If I lived closer, I'd be happy to call it my home mountain.

Hey thanks for all the information guys! I only have one class monday weds friday in the morning so I will probably be hitting the slopes mostly on those days. When we start getting snow and if anyone ever wants to meet up just gimme a holler. Skiing > Class :)