New Park n Pipe

Snoshredder21

the titanic is soooo gay.. boulders rails arent even that great. there really generic rails, nothing is original. A rail as big as the titanic and way its setup is just gay.. it really takes no skill, it takes speed. and rails like that, take the fun out of cuz you ahve to go mach 10 into it and its just toooo much thinking. I went there a couple times and i mean its nice..but the run takes 3 secs to get down and 20 min back up. its not even worth it. if you want to compare, compare to creek cuz nothing can beat that. As named by Transworld " number 1 in jib and jib variety"

I can clearly say and will put money on it. that shawnees park will wreck boulders.

they should get a pipe first then talk. not a 100 foot long bank.

and if you guys ahvent realized. that pic of the multi jumps.. is the landing. you can see that is going downhill. They are actually going to be booters.

Also, the spine. Alright guys. A spine in skiing and snowboarding. is not like a spine in biking or skateboarding. A spine in snow is a 2 sides hip. inwhich that is. just to clear some things up. because if you guys can have fun clearing over the 2 foot deck like that..man you guys need to learn some stuff. so yeah. a spine= a 2 sided hip.

About the pipe. i work there in the summer. and i was up there during construction..that picture looks pretty weak. but those walls are atleast 8-10 feet deep. that was like the frist day..and yes its pretty wide. they want 13-15 foot walls of snow. believe me, they know what there doing. Sunday river of Maine trained them with the snowcats over the summer.

Alright Mr. Cocky, If you get original on the titanic, it takes skill. I mean, one of the 940 riders gaped the top of it. Tell me that takes NO skill. I mean, sure, you snowboarders can ride on 50-50 anything. Your sport is just like that. And what about thinking? That makes no sense. Shouldn't you plan your tricks and such, rather than just riding all over everything haphazardly? And what about creek? Your paragraph makes no sense.

And I'll bet you, lets just say, $10, that Boulder still remains the best park in the area. I myself have never heard crap about Shawnees pipe. What does that tell me? That it probably just sits there and theres nothing special about it at all

Last year boulder had a multi-take off jump. And there was also one at frost. The one at boulder was 20 feet with the most lip, 30 with medium, and 40 with less. At Frost it was a step up at the left, A booter in the middle, and then A jump with ample lip on the right. Sounds good to me.

I know what a spine is. That picture shows way to much deck for that to be a decent spine. Sure, they can pile snow on it, but then why even excavate that? And also, why would you want to hit the other side? You'll go right into the woods.

Just because Sunday river trained them doesn't mean they're gonna BE Sunday River. I can ski with and learn from Pep Fujas for all it matters, but will I be as good as him? Hell no. Shawnee is a joke. Just because they can pay Sunday River to tell them shit, and they can go buy a bunch of rails doesn't mean itll be great.

And also, the jumps and that spine or whatever the hell it is will never be able to be moved. Your parks gonna be the same all freaking year long. Who wants that? Its boring. And also, your gonna have what? 3 jumps on the same landing? Thats only 3 jumps. And it'll be at THE SAME SPOT ALL YEAR. Thats so dumb. If they work theyre asses of making snow to open first, why cant they blow snow and make jumps wherever?? This is all just a big marketing scheme so they can get more people to come. I have never heard one good thing about their park ever. I doubt it'll be any different this year.

Dont come on here and be an asshole and act like we don't know anything. Oh, and how is a rail gay? It doesn't have reproductive organs.

Edited by insomniac

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets just say there gonna be the best parks in the area behind mountain creek. its gonna be interesting though seeing shawnee's park since they did have sunday river's park designers and builders come over and make it. and sunday river had a page in transworld mag. we'll see :rock

Swingset rails are pretty sick. I was in Vail for the US Freeskiing Open and the Truth rail (A giant orange swingset) was a feature in the Slopestyle event. Never got to try it because they had that whole section roped off for the competitors, but I saw some people throw some crazy things over it. Though if you go west for just park, that's ridiculous. The best stuff is on the backsides :rock

includes: a 24? mailbox; a 24? flat box; a 24? rainbow rail; a 20? C box; a 24? flat down rail; a 20? flat rail; a 20? flat down flat rail; a 30? down flat down rail; a 30? C rail; a 20? battleship rail and a 30? rainbow rail.

And also, lets see:

24' mailbox: Boulder has two 15 footers, thats too long for a mailbox anyways.

24' flat box: Boulder has 2 flats. 10'

24' Rainbow: Boulder has a 20, and whats with this 24' anyway? Its not tha magic number.

20' C box: Boulders getting.

24' flat down: Boulder has two flat downs, one being like 15 and the other 20. Again with the 24.

20' flat: Boulder has a 15' double barrel and a 20' flat. along with a 5' for the beginners.

20' flat down flat: 1 rail.

30' down flat down: Boulders getting one.

30' C: Boulder is getting a 20'. Who's ever gonna stay on a 30'? You'll "need to be going mach 10"

20' Battleship: Boulder has a 10' battleship and the titanic, which is around 30-35'

30' rainbow:2 rail. But who really needs another

And Boulder also has a flat down box, and are getting a whale box, a new kink, down flat down, a c rail, a battleship box, a rainbow box and a wallride. And also, there's Frost. Which is included in Boulders ticket, that has an equal amount of rails and boxes. I dont know what rails Shawnee ALREADY has. You'd haveto let me know.

Considering no one, not even the guy who worked ther over the summer has seen what the park is going to be like, or what the grooming is like, why don't we all wait. Likewise no one has seen what bb will be like this year. Seriously stop ragging on each other and the mountains for no reason. When they are open, and you have legit complaints, by all means complain. But if shawnee is redoing their park, don't say it will suck because it sucked before; thats why they are redoing it.

oh man you guys seem to be pretty picky here..

first off, all that stuff they say there getting, there not making, its all professionally made and btw, there getting more than what is said.

and dont get me wrong gaping that, thats insane, but personally i dont like stuff like that. and im sure some people may agree with me that its not really a rail you can really progess on too much. There is nothing there that is similar to learn your tricks on so yeah, you have to go balls out. But in my own opinion, i think hitting a standard 40 foot down rail doing a nosepress is sicker than doing that.. I guess you can just say im more of a street oriented person, because i dont really enjoy all that insane, stuck in the park, kinda stuff. oh yeah and btw, i had hit the titantic and did it perfectly 1st try. so yeah. no bashing if you don't know.

boulder talks about getting all this new stuff also, id really like to see where all this stuff is going to be, the run is wayyy to small to put anything else in, the crap is too close as it is. you can't hit everything in a run, the park really isn't too flow. but they have no room for a wallride and such that they talk about unless they open another run to parks.

i dont really mind what there getting. because shawnee is only a mountain that i look to go and have a good time. and just mess around and such. All im looking for is a local mountain wiht a good park. and boulder is 20 min further than camelback, and camelback is 20 min from my house. Shawnee is 20 min so its either cb or shawnee. and cb's parks clearly suck. boulder is not really an option for me. its just really a weekday mountain. on the weekends i go up to creek, its not a bad drive, only an hour, and its worth every bit of it. Nothing can compare to there parks, and there is always new things, everytime you go.

by saying sunday river built there park doesnt mean im expecting one. I BY FAR, do not expect a sunday river. cant happen. im just syaing, there is a mountain who has much expierience in parks, and has one of the best, building a park at a little PA mountain. its not gonna be that bad. and its not a super park either..hahaha i laughed when i saw that. they are just exagerating, they say super park because its new, they have a lot bigger shit, and a lot more of it.

about the pipes.. yeahhh maybe if bb knew what they were doing, they would have a pipe, maybe this year they'll actually cut it on time. its no ones fault but theres, it should have been cut.

and there will more jumps then the 3 they made out of dirt. they want tehre park open early, what can i say.