New Park n Pipe

Snoshredder21

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to shawnee, but haven't heard anything good about it that would make me want to check it out. It looks like they are following suit though with everyone in the poconos and realize that you can have a crappy mountain and a badass park.

now now greg, be nice, it is ALWAYS the first mountain in the poconos to open....

but that sounds awesome, and its all about business, and the fact is an improved park will draw more people then an extra trail :P

btw, the other topic you speak of boarder was about JFBB :lol:

includes: a 24? mailbox; a 24? flat box; a 24? rainbow rail; a 20? C box; a 24? flat down rail; a 20? flat rail; a 20? flat down flat rail; a 30? down flat down rail; a 30? C rail; a 20? battleship rail and a 30? rainbow rail.

omg, thats alot of things to add...any room for some big hits?

Ha they are always first to open because they promised the people who owned timeshares there that they would open thanksgiving day weekend. If the weather doesn't cooperate they will probably shred ice and throw it on one trail. I also haven't heard anything positive about shawnee so I don't plan on going there any time soon.

well guys as someone who worked there over the summer.. I was into this alot.. Therewebsite says it all.. Oh yes and also. I walked up a few times to check out the stuff and the jumps are really nice. There not the typical shawnee jump.. There actually Booters.. and there pretty nice. and the pipe looks great. They had people from maine, sunday river was the mountain. and they came and helped with the construction of the park. If you have seen or heard about sunday river you know this will be good. But from first hand expieriences and actually SEEING the stuff. yes it will be sick.

oh yes.. and also. The end will be where Most of the rails are.. i think running along side of the run there are a few..but its going to be on more of a flat scale, but with a gentle slope where all the rails are. Its a perfect place because there all in one place and if you dont feel like hitting the whole ru n again..its not a pain in the ass to hike at all.

• 1 month later...

Shawnee is finally putting up pictures of their park and rails. Some of it actually doesn't look half bad! http://shawneemt.com/parkpipe/contpics.html

It's hard to get a good picture of the scale of some of the jumps though, but I'm imagining they are pretty big, juding by the bobcat in the picture.

It's also increadibly hard to tell what's going on in the halfpipe picture. I think maybe its only like 2 feet high right now, by looking at the cone. I don't know.

The new boxes and rails they got in look nice too. It'll be fun sliding across the some of those sweet boxes.

Maybe "You ski at Shawnee!", won't be an insult anymore...

Shawnee is finally putting up pictures of their park and rails.  Some of it actually doesn't look half bad!  http://shawneemt.com/parkpipe/contpics.html

It's hard to get a good picture of the scale of some of the jumps though, but I'm imagining they are pretty big, juding by the bobcat in the picture. 

It's also increadibly hard to tell what's going on in the halfpipe picture.  I think maybe its only like 2 feet high right now, by looking at the cone.  I don't know.

The new boxes and rails they got in look nice too.  It'll be fun sliding across the some of those sweet boxes.

Maybe "You ski at Shawnee!", won't be an insult anymore...

i hope they post some pics of the new rails soon!

the spine looks like it isn't in the greatest position side ways?!?!?

and if you wanted to get alot air off of it you would need to cut acroos the trail and you would land with a ski lif pole in you way right as you continue forward with speed

the reason that the half pipe looks wierd is b/c it isn't fully excavated

Edited by boarder1547

the spine looks like it isn't in the greatest position  side ways?!?!?

and if you wanted to get alot air off of it you would need to cut acroos the trail and you would land with a ski lif pole in you way right as you continue forward with speed

the reason that the half pipe looks wierd is b/c it isn't fully excavated

From what I can see, that spine is not a spine but a hip... which is really cool in my opinion, but if it really is a spine, its pretty gay. Actually if it really is eventually set up like a spine, everyone will just hip it anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I'm interested in the pics of the rails too Jibophonic.