Okemo

OutCold

I'm going up to Okemo next week. I've never been there. Anybody have anything to say about it ie good, bad? They have 32 trails open right now and I'm pretty stoked.

I was there a few years ago but i don't remember much about it...all i remember is that there was one fun run that was on the riders left that had a bunch of humps down the entire thing, was like a boarder cross sort of thing. I wasn't as good of a rider back then so i didn't explore the diamonds much.

I've been to Okemo a few times and it's a great mountain. There's not much really steep stuff, but enough to keep most people happy. The bits over on the far left as you face the hill from the bottom, and some over on Jackson Gore are the most challenging.

They typically have a kick-ass jump line running the entire drop of the hill on nor-easter(?) (right in the middle) and although it's not my thing they typically seem to have a major park set-up with many lines, stairs, wall ride etc + a decent pipe.

As someone else mentioned, the best part about it (IMO) is the way the groomers have such a rolling pitch, keeps it interesting.

They also have some decent (not too dense) glades if ther's been enough snow.

Have fun