4 1st year JFBB passholders

rideordie7

Going into my 6th year as a season pass holder, I have seen JFBB's early progression turn into a 2 year regression and into another progression which started last season(mainly from the purchase by Peak).

Like all of you, I was very excited with the Parklogic addition. And I am sad to see them go. What they did leave us with is some really nice jibs that we will be able to use now and in the years to come.

But don't even think that Boulder doesn't have the "know how" to build prominant features and maintain a park.

I want it to be known that last year, w/o Parklogic, JFBB constructed their best jumps to date, a 20 stair 3 rail setup, a 12 stair flat down rail setup, quarterpipe, flat down on top of a car, and numerous street style rails(long and short - with variations).

This will still be a great year at JFBB, especially with their snowmaking capabilities.

Last year was great at BB. The year before that was just as fun. As was the year before that. But now that this BS has happened, its like they hit the pause button.

The potential for growth was so great Opening day, but now, pfft. They were maintaing the park well yesterday but when it comes time to really use the jibs PL has built well, Boulder will fall flat on its face with icy landings and dug out run ins....

We'll see. However even if it is good, we won't ever be able to compare it to what would have been if they hadn't been kicked out. I don't doubt it will be good, maybe still even best in the region. (Hell Mountain Creek has no body left really, the new management is old school again, and Bear Creek is getting raped by the weather). I really feel like it is a bigger long term loss than a short term one.

I want it to be known that last year, w/o Parklogic, JFBB constructed their best jumps to date,

It is my understanding that a certain new peak individual did the actual grooming of those jumps mid season and that prior to that they were shaped like moto-cross jumps. True? Only time will tell. It is all speculation now.

We'll see. However even if it is good, we won't ever be able to compare it to what would have been if they hadn't been kicked out................................................I really feel like it is a bigger long term loss than a short term one.

exactly..............

It seems the firing had to do more with egos than JFBB's commitment to Park building.

You said it.. :wiggle Freudian Slip? :wiggle

I might be guesssing, but I would bet that those who are coming to the defense of BB's decision very rarely ski outside of BB. It's not about a staircase or any other feature. Its about the whole scene, including the vibe, promotion, quality, layout, and people.

We were at 22 different reosrts last year, 24 different ones the year before. Who is the new park manager there now?

I might be guesssing, but I would bet that those who are coming to the defense of BB's decision very rarely ski outside of BB. It's not about a staircase or any other feature. Its about the whole scene, including the vibe, promotion, quality, layout, and people.

We were at 22 different reosrts last year, 24 different ones the year before. Who is the new park manager there now?

You are guessing. I can speak about JFBB because I've been riding there 6 years in a row. I am not necessarily defending them. But I am not going to discount the improvements that were made before any ParkLogic involvement, which to me, seems to be forgotten, or simply not known about.

Trust me, I have had my own run-ins with managment. I have sent emails about the park setups (like having advanced style rails on Tannenbaum, which were easily accessible to young kids on rentals).

All I'm talking about is what's done is done. As well as give a little hope to the people who bought season passes to JFBB for the first time and who are pissed.

That is great you have been to all those resorts. I have only been to 10 resorts in the past 2 years, so you are obviously better than me. But I am 30 and work 2 jobs, so it is hard for me to travel to different resorts each weekend.

I do not know who the park manager is?

It is my understanding that a certain new peak individual did the actual grooming of those jumps mid season and that prior to that they were shaped like moto-cross jumps. True? Only time will tell. It is all speculation now.

They were definitely motocross jumps and now they are not. Which is my point.

You are guessing. I can speak about JFBB because I've been riding there 6 years in a row. ................................ I have only been to 10 resorts in the past 2 years, so you are obviously better than me.

They were definitely motocross jumps and now they are not. Which is my point.

I can speak about BB and JF too but from a much different broader perspective. We saw the changes, we also saw the same rails year after year in the same or similar places. I am not denying the previous years progress. that is not the point in all these passionate pleas. The point is that this year I believe that they were making a quantum leap with thier progress and now it will be back to same peeps who ran the show in previous years.

So, here is a tidbit for you and only BB can clarify, but it is my understanding that the guy who built those motocross jumps is now back at the helm. Still feel the same rideordie7?

I can speak about BB and JF too but from a much different broader perspective. We saw the changes, we also saw the same rails year after year in the same or similar places. I am not denying the previous years progress. that is not the point in all these passionate pleas. The point is that this year I believe that they were making a quantum leap with thier progress and now it will be back to same peeps who ran the show in previous years.

So, here is a tidbit for you and only BB can clarify, but it is my understanding that the guy who built those motocross jumps is now back at the helm. Still feel the same rideordie7?

Yes I do. Cause when Big Boulder Park got constructed LAST, they were not motocross jumps. So it is my understanding that the person who built those jumps us back at the helm.

And a lot of the rails they had last year were not there the year before.

You post in another place that you would of went somewhere else if Park Logic did. Then that shows to me that you don't have the broader picture (like u said) in mind. You have the "best park on the east coast" in mind and not the atmosphere, the people and the mountain.

I am not trying to sling snow here. I am just trying to put a little ease into the situation that got US all upset to begin with.

You post in another place that you would of went somewhere else if Park Logic did.

Uhh... Thats not accurate. BB is called home for Parks. BC was going to be home for parks. CB is called home for Racing. We have passes to BB, CB and weeknights at BC. Our house is at CB, I will drop one kid off to race at CB and then take the other to BB for the park for the next couple of weekends, then comp season starts.

You have the "best park on the east coast" in mind and not the atmosphere, the people and the mountain.

You got it, I don't like saying that I don't care about the people who run the hill because I enjoy talking and making friends, but when it comes right down to it. I wouldn't care if there was no lodge and the biggest asses in the world ran the place and they were all convicts and molesters but they still had the best park........... it is very likely that that is where my kid would want to go,. And I wouldn't care! Does that make sense?

Edited by Papasteeze

Uhh... Thats not accurate. BB is called home for Parks. BC was going to be home for parks. CB is called home for Racing. We have passes to BB, CB and weeknights at BC. Our house is at CB, I will drop one kid off to race at CB and then take the other to BB for the park for the next couple of weekends, then comp season starts.

Well, you sure as heck get around. Anyway, no matter what, I'll see you around BB. I have the red, brown, white checkered? ronin jacket and brown pants. You can call me Bean, it says so on my helmet. What do you ride in? Bring some PASR stickers. I have room on my rack.

Nah, wasn't me. Damn, someone has the same jacket as me! I knew it would happen :banghead

I will be there this Sunday and Monday. JF during the day and BB at night.

we will only be there saturday this weekend, probably will stay late if they don't throw me off the mountain .. LOL!