season pass rates getting cheaper?

Justin

I was just wondering if blue makes their passes cheaper as the season goes on. Since I'm not driving right now it would be pointless for me to get a pass, seeing as I can only get up on weekends, but in January I'll be able to make it up weekdays and as much as possible. So if I bought my pass in January would it be cheaper than $466 (what it is now)?

Usually not. Season passes are generally to bring in pre-season capital for them to spend on the power to run early season snowmaking. Once the season starts, they have little incentive to offer you a discount. Some mountains do a deal at the end of the season, if you buy a pass for next year you can use it the last month of this season. Maybe Blue is different, but largely, its not looking good for you. Of course if your a student, the price isn't that bad. Its like $30, so to pay off even a discounted pass thats 10 days of riding minimum, and if you won't be getting it till january, thats saturday/sunday of every weekend from then until the end of the season.

Edited by Method9455

Usually not. Season passes are generally to bring in pre-season capital for them to spend on the power to run early season snowmaking. Once the season starts, they have little incentive to offer you a discount. Some mountains do a deal at the end of the season, if you buy a pass for next year you can use it the last month of this season. Maybe Blue is different, but largely, its not looking good for you. Of course if your a student, the price isn't that bad. Its like $30, so to pay off even a discounted pass thats 10 days of riding minimum, and if you won't be getting it till january, thats saturday/sunday of every weekend from then until the end of the season.

Once I'm driving I'll be going AT LEAST 3 days a week, late'ish friday/sat/sunday. Probably more when I have free time on random weekdays afterschool. The drive is husky for me (1hr15min), but I don't care. I'm looking at a minimum of 18 days, which is $540 in lift tickets, making the current season pass price worth it anyway.

BUT before then, the most I'll be going is probably 2 days a week, saturday/sunday.

I'm looking at a minimum of 18 days, counting some of january, all of feb, and the first week in march, which is $540 in lift tickets, making the current season pass price worth it anyway. This is just counting the 3 days a week minimum I see myself going. I'm almost 100% positive I will be going more days. I like having the freedom of just heading up to blue anyday right from school and not having to worry about paying for a lift ticket or any of that bullshit.

So with all that math and stuff I just figured out its worth it to get the season pass even with the current price. However, I dont mind holding off and scrounging $$ off my parents for lift tickets till I'm driving if it'll save me a few bucks. I'd need to wait until after christmas though, when I'll have the money. Shit, I might even find a season pass to blue as a gift from santa. I doubt it though...maybe I can ask my grandma :tinfoil: