Real quick question

Stevo

Well (and i will admit, i am not speaking from experience. nor do i have any training).... it seems to me like if you hit something hard enough to physically break your metal edge that it would cause quite a bit of internal damage as well. Not to mention actually breaking it in 2 spots.

I think the danger is more severe for shadows. freeridintre was telling doug and myself on the lift that cracked park skis can cause major issues. Since the water can soak into the core, and if it freezes it basically explodes your ski from expansion. I've never heard this happening on a snow board, but i am sure it is possible if it soaks up a lot of moisture in warm conditions like we are currently experiencing.

I'd recomend taking them to a shop and getting a professional opinion on both of them however, and take it easy until you get that chance.

Well (and i will admit, i am not speaking from experience. nor do i have any training).... it seems to me like if you hit something hard enough to physically break your metal edge that it would cause quite a bit of internal damage as well. Not to mention actually breaking it in 2 spots.

Internal damage internal shamage. I'm guessing that my edge cracked twice when i dropped that sucker straight on the ground. I know people do edge splices and whatnot, so i'm not too concerned. I'll take it up to the shop at blue later tonight and see what they think. if it's major, and my board is gonna be toast, i'm probably just gonna buy a new one- i deserve it :chea: If the board's fine, i'll keep riding it. As far as soakage and freezing go, i'll just make sure that i get it nice and dry before i go out in super cold conditions..

...maybe i'll just weld my edge back :rock

depending on how bad they are by the time you decide to do something about them, just about any shop should be able to help you out. it will take using a hot box to heat the ski or board and some epoxy and possibly replacement edge pieces. if the shop doesn't have a hot box it probably won't cure properly and will come apart again.

if it's done right you probably won't be able to tell where the repair is.

just watch out if you keep riding with them broken, you can mess yourself up if you unexpectedly catch the broken edge on a hit.

it's not a pretty sight!