freestyle board advice

rgrwilco

I just started jumping for the first time this season today, and my artifact is not cutting it. i was looking for something not too soft, but can initiate spins easily. im trying to keep the cost below 400, but there is so much shit too chose from its really hard to narrow anything down.

any suggestions?

i was looking into a gnu riders choice, but have heard mixed reviews about those. ive heard good thigns about technine icons, but i cant seem to find a shop that sells them near me off of their dealer locator.

Edited by Dirt McGirt

I just started jumping for the first time this season today, and my artifact is not cutting it. i was looking for something not too soft, but can initiate spins easily. im trying to keep the cost below 400, but there is so much shit too chose from its really hard to narrow anything down.

any suggestions?

i was looking into a gnu riders choice, but have heard mixed reviews about those. ive heard good thigns about technine icons, but i cant seem to find a shop that sells them near me off of their dealer locator.

Check out nitro maybe? Idk. I'm looking into one. I've heard soft, and stiff reviews on it- i'll have to see for myself. But i know they have some stiffer ones- i think the t2 is stiffer than the t1 i'm looking at. Maybe a ride DH? Little stiffer than the rome agent, but still jibbable.

I'm not great with gear- i just know what i've witnessed.

I just started jumping for the first time this season today, and my artifact is not cutting it.

Uh. I seriously doubt you're jumping anything that requires a stiff board but if you feel like spending money on a new snowboard who am I to stop you?

ive heard good thigns about technine icons

Hope you like riding a 48, 51, or 57.

well if wouldnt be just a board to use in the park but to ride in general. my artifact is a good board, but im starting to find alot of thigns i dont like about it outside the park.

also, im selling a few of my old boads to some people i know, so that money is going straight to a new one if i get it.

i also didnt notice the icon only came in those sizes. im going to head up to a few shops saturday and see if they have any models from last year to keep the price down a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I know what your saying, I moved up from a Kink for the same reason - the jib boards just don't cut it on anything but jibs or for small guys. They don't hold an edge for shit on anything steep, and they are super unstable at speed.

I'd say the GNU is a really good choice, they make great boards. My brother is on a Riders Choice and he doesn't do rails but he does jumps and steeps and loves it for that. Hes a big guy (6' 3" and 200 pounds) but hes on the 162, so if you get it in the appropriate size it will be fine. I've got a GNU Altered Genetics and I love it - but it is pricey.

I'd say Arbor Mystic, GNU Riders Choice, LIB Tech TRS, Rome Anthemn, Ride DH, Burton Jeremy Jones 156 would be my favorite boards for what you are saying, in that order. The Arbor Mystic is just glorious, I'm getting one for next year although I've ridden it and it is one of the best boards ever.

a little update on this situation, ive been looking around in various shops, and unless i order online(which i dont want to do, i like to feel the flex and whatnot) im pretty much screwed. nothing in my prefered size, and what they do have are not even boards i really considered. one salesmen did try to sell me a 1900 dollar board though :banghead yeah he had a full stock of those with all sizes.

a little update on this situation, ive been looking around in various shops, and unless i order online(which i dont want to do, i like to feel the flex and whatnot) im pretty much screwed. nothing in my prefered size, and what they do have are not even boards i really considered. one salesmen did try to sell me a 1900 dollar board though :banghead yeah he had a full stock of those with all sizes.

I got a nitro t1. I love it. IT's a lot more flexy than my old board, but it's not a complete noodle. It's not the softest board, which is great for jumps. It's just a tad bit stiff, enough to have good pop/snap. I love it, and if you check it out, in the right size you may like it. And for $350 bucks, it's not something you have to worry about fucking up. The only downside to me is the board has an extruded base. But whatever, keep it waxed regularly and you'll be fine...