Anyone got pics of the New Boulder park

sjb269

Whats the new park setup like?

As of last night this is what the parks at Boulder have got in them. In order of appearance top to bottom.

Freedom Park: A. nice flat box on the right, tree trunk wall-ride on the left. B 2 jumps, the left one is a little bigger than the right. C. A cool log jib up on a hip shaped mound of snow. D. Nice sized single table E. Down rail on the right, down box on the left. F. Really wide box on the right, narrower box on the left.

Widow Park: A. straight flat rail B kinked rail on the right, streetstyle round rail on the left. C. Straight flat rail. D. big booter jump E. Big booter jump D. Huge battleship box on right, huge A-frame rail on left. E. some kind of crazy huge mailbox put sideways to bonk.

The boulder park was being put together when I was there, but seeing as things may change (and I only rode by it once on the lift) I won't post exactly what was in there, but there were a ton of huge streetstyle rails, and the kickers were enormous.

When I was up there it was closed off, but I was riding with a park crew kid and this is what I remember from what he told me.

50 foot street style single barrel set at a down

a pretty narrow dfd box

a 45ish foot jump

a nice big jump, almost step down style, id go with 50 if not more, with a real long flat rail on the side of it

a flat down box about 10f-30d

and something else that I forget

...oh and i might as well add that freedom park is totally trashed. The tree is closed off, the first flat box is fine except for the drop off to crater landing. The first jump is actually fine, and probably the only reason to ride the trail. The log jib is still hittable, but it lost alot of snow and is a bit more difficult. Second jump is getting a bad landing, worse than usual. The down rail needs way too much to jump on to it, its probably a foot and a half above the lip, the down box was okay but I don't know how long that will last, and the two boxes at the bottom were there a little earlier in the day but they took them out due to the whole bottom of the trail being pretty much a pond/mud skim now.

Widow park is going good I suppose, they took out the down box at the top, the new wide flat rail at the very top is still good, but still slides as slow as ever, the street rail I think was fine, but I really didnt check it out. The long flat box is losing lip fast, and alot more hop is neccesary than normal even when I left at like 6. I would say the up rail has more of a lip than ever and is good, but everyone says its shakey. The first jump landing has a pretty big hole in it, the second jump is getting there, and the a frame and the battleship both have good lips on them, the only bad thing is all the grass and mud after the battleship. That bonk has been gone for awhile, and a plus is that they were trucking in snow from over on tubing to help cover some bare spots, and there was some pretty rediculous piles of snow to jump off of at the bottom.

Edited by insomniac

The down rail needs way too much to jump on to it, its probably a foot and a half above the lip,

Thats the best news ive fucking heard all week. I love having it like that, when its low its rediculous and pointless. You might as well have a ride on rail if you like it low.

I just got back from BB and the parks were surprisingly good considering all the terrible weather we have had. The landings on all the jumps were terrible but theres nothing anyone can do about that, but I really liked all the rails and boxes they had set up. They are in a lot of trouble though if it stays warm. You had to pond skip across the bottom of the freedom park, and while I was there They took out 3 boxes and closed two others. I hope they can stay open til it gets cold though because it was well worth the drive. I also saw a lot of people from up here, I saw some Johnny and some people from elk and I think I saw nick.

I just got back from BB and the parks were surprisingly good considering all the terrible weather we have had. The landings on all the jumps were terrible but theres nothing anyone can do about that, but I really liked all the rails and boxes they had set up. They are in a lot of trouble though if it stays warm. You had to pond skip across the bottom of the freedom park, and while I was there They took out 3 boxes and closed two others. I hope they can stay open til it gets cold though because it was well worth the drive. I also saw a lot of people from up here, I saw some Johnny and some people from elk and I think I saw nick.
I had a green hoodie on and a yellow hat.If you saw me why did you not say hi!

And ya I liked how their was like no lip onto the down rail today,but its definitly easier for boarders to do higher rails.I've snowboard for 3 years and you can pop so much easier on a snowboard then you can on skis.

I had a green hoodie on and a yellow hat.If you saw me why did you not say hi!

And ya I liked how their was like no lip onto the down rail today,but its definitly easier for boarders to do higher rails.I've snowboard for 3 years and you can pop so much easier on a snowboard then you can on skis.

wasn't sure it was you but now I now what you look like so I'll know if I see you again, I was in a red and white burton jacket

ive seen the new boudler park... starting at top theres like a 62' dfd rail on the right and the left is like a 50' down urban singlebarrel street rail... there is like 3 huge jumps.. looks like a 45' flat red rail with a 8' gap onto it... a dfd box evrything is huge....