Suggestion for use of cold and time while open???

bigdaddyk

I was at BB today (1-10) from 3:15 to 6:15. They had the guns turned off, even though it was 27 at 3:15. I don't mind this for the open trails...it's nice not having to look through frozen goggles. However, I thought it would make sense for them to blow snow on the closed trails, or pull the guns farther off to the side to widen the open trails. They did start blowing again around 5:30, but I thought maybe they could blow some snow on the closed trails, while they are open, or wouldn't this be practical for only about 5 hours??

I was at BB today (1-10) from 3:15 to 6:15. They had the guns turned off, even though it was 27 at 3:15. I don't mind this for the open trails...it's nice not having to look through frozen goggles. However, I thought it would make sense for them to blow snow on the closed trails, or pull the guns farther off to the side to widen the open trails. They did start blowing again around 5:30, but I thought maybe they could blow some snow on the closed trails, while they are open, or wouldn't this be practical for only about 5 hours??

Since it is going to rain this weekend, they are probably just building on the open trails. I wouldn't expect them to start blowing anywhere else until Tuesday. After Tuesday weather looks solidly cold for long enough to build a base on closed trails.

Since it is going to rain this weekend, they are probably just building on the open trails. I wouldn't expect them to start blowing anywhere else until Tuesday. After Tuesday weather looks solidly cold for long enough to build a base on closed trails.

yeah it would've been a waste of time and money to try to blow snow on the closed trails yesterday and today

5 hours will get you quite a bit of snow, but over a big area. If they wanted, they could have put a bunch of guns in one spot at the top of a closed run and just make a huge whale to last through the weekend, and then groom it out next week. Not sure why they turned the guns off...