My visit to the To the valley of the Tetons

Dan-

Im tired, just got home but here's a quick rundown of how my trip went.

Arrived sunday afternoon, got some food at teton steakhouse, walked around town for alittle, then back to the room for some sleep.

It was snowing when we arrived, so i knew the next day would be good.

Monday: Woke up, still snowing, 6 inches fell on JHMR the night before. Had a decent pow day, my GF did really well for her first pow day, and she did some gnarly shit that surprised me.

Tuesday: Overcast with light snow at mid mountain. The fog and clouds had sunk into the valley. We headed up to Rendevous, and it was amazing, untracked and extremely smooth, about 2 inches of fresh on top. My gf wasn't ready for that, so i got 1 run on that, and headed down the mountain. Rest of the day i played in the trees to find some left over goodies from the day before.

Wednesday: Pretty much played in the trees all day, 40+ at the top, and really foggy.

Thursday: Hit up Grand Targhee. 11+ had fallen over night since the lifts had closed. I found pockets of 20+ from wind loading. My GF FUCKING riped for her first REAL pow day, she took some face plants but hey, you gotta learn sometime. Face shots were had all day long, and the bus driver we had was awsome. He was a hardcore skier, which was cool. We watched TGR movies on the ride there and back. Teton pass was a bit sketchy from all the snow, and a Moose decided to jump in the road which was kinda scary, this happened near the top of the pass. Thursday night, come down with a stomach bug.

Friday: Sit in and rest up. Didnt' sleep the night before and felt like shit. Apparently it had been going around town, and of course i got it.

Saturday: Road the whole mountain. Rendevous was great again. BLUEBIRD. Great views. Found some left over pow in the trees, and saratoga bowl still had some untracked which surprised me.

I didn't take to many pictures. It was foggy most of the time, and my gf isn't ready for tree riding yet, so she was off on groomers while i was elsewhere. So not many action shots. Ill put up some stuff tomorrow.

Ill be back next year. And hopefully moving out there after College. Jackson is a sick town, awsome locals.

No liftlines. This past saturday was the only weekend day i rode, but still no lines.

Apparently Targhee was crowded, but still didnt wait in 1 lift line, and that was a 12+ pow day.

I may try to hit blue tonight, anyone gonna be there?

Edited by KnuckleDragger

Do you have anymore Jackson pictures to post? What other places did you eat at besides the Teton steakhouse?

I have more pictures just haven't uploaded them yet.

I ate at Billly's, Cadialac grille, uh.. Got pizza one night, was sick for one night, so didn't go out, teton steakhouse again.

Wanted to go to Bubba, but it was hella packed the night we wanted to go, which is when we went to Billy's.

Rendevous, on a good untracked morning, can't be beat. I found some good trees to the left of the gondola. Still lots of good stuff to throw around well after the storms. Alot of the bowls are moguled up which kind of sucks. Unfortunatly i didn't get to see the Hobacks, because i didn't want to take my gf in there :banghead I'll hit those next year. Saratoga was nice, actually the whole AV side of the mountain is nice, if you still want Pow after a storm. Like you said, they all over look that. I forget what the bowl is off to the left of Thunder, that leads to sublette, but that was very nice. I think it's Laramie though?

Oh, I forget to say, I almost lost my snowboard... We entered Casper resturant through the back enterence. I put my board on the back rack.. We finish eating, and i find a note were my board was.. Says go talk to a guy in the resturant. My board was blown off the rack by wind, blow down past casper lift, and into a gully to the left. So now i had to hike down the hill, sinking to my knees with every step. Luckily someone on the lift spotted my board under a tree... Quite alittle adventure, that almost ruined my trip.

I also want to go to targhee again. It was foggy as hell, and snowing when i was there. So the peak was closed. Almost vertigo at some points. Thank you trees. But the Pow was light, and there was alot of it, which easily took the cake for best day.

here's one of me exiting Rendevous Bowl

biglines_70584.jpg

Edited by KnuckleDragger