Dawn Report for Tues. Jan 16th

SkiCamelback

Right now it's in the low 40's and temps will DROP as the morning continues. Opening with groomed spring like conditions. The air is dry, and without any fog --- over the night the snow set up real nice. The west side 9 will be open again and the park has been groomed (same lay out for the features).

Get on it early -- afternoon is better than nothing, but this morning is going to be sweeeet...

Snowmaking will start as soon as the temps drop -- expected mid-day or this afternoon.

Right now it's in the low 40's and temps will DROP as the morning continues. Opening with groomed spring like conditions. The air is dry, and without any fog --- over the night the snow set up real nice. The west side 9 will be open again and the park has been groomed (same lay out for the features).

Get on it early -- afternoon is better than nothing, but this morning is going to be sweeeet...

Snowmaking will start as soon as the temps drop -- expected mid-day or this afternoon.

Will you guys be making in Laurel and Rhodo this week?

9:30 AM

OK -- still haven't made it past my desk for a first hand report but,

The cold temps arrived a few hours earlier than expected --- MAKING SNOW ON THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN!! It's looking like a solid 2-3 days of snowmaking! Weekend is looking good too --- partly sunny, with daytime highs in the low 30's.. We should have additional trails open by Friday (marketing clause -- provided the cold temperatures and snowmaking continue as anticipated)

I'll post some info on which trails are getting snow (in addition to the current 9) as soon as the Snowmaking Mgr. is down from the top.

Maybe because the reports were on the conditons page?? I'm just happy he's giving info here along with Ashleigh. That's a vote of of confidence to the administrators of this board. :clap:clap:clap

Why didn't I post more on RideCB? We spent approximatly 12-18 hrs. a week just doing administration functions on the MB-- looking for spam posts hourly, delete spam, banning IP's, re-banning IP's, PM members to use better language, sending sorry notes about the bad spam (the adult stuff) and talking to the MB host for security updates. And after all that, we tried to answer questions and resolve issues. Where is our time better spent? I'm glad for PASAR --- ThinkSnow and guys have the headaches and I get to talk (type) about skiing, riding and snowsports!!!!!

We spent approximatly 12-18 hrs. a week just doing administration functions on the MB-- looking for spam posts hourly, delete spam, banning IP's, re-banning IP's, PM members to use better language, sending sorry notes about the bad spam (the adult stuff) and talking to the MB host for security updates.

Well that basically sucks, glad to have the more frequent reports. Do you think there will ever be a link from camelback's site to here? I know the history and I know there is a lot of negativity the mountain may not want to be tied to but opinions can swing quickly here (look at how JFBB turned into a poster child this year)