Annoying

jeenyussb

Im pretty sure you all know where the first rail is in the park and how everyone forms lines right at the landing right? Well today i almost got into a fist fight over it. It was pretty ridiculous. Heres the story. I was going up to do the rail because I thought i could land and get away without hitting anyone, well i was wrong. There was this kid standing a little in front of where i landed. I tried to stop as quick as i could but it was ice so i slipped and hit him with my board. The first thing i said was "sorry dude". Normaly if someone hits me or anything and they say sorry i say thats ok and just walk away not mad at all. Well this kid was like flipping out. He was like watch where the F you going. That sent me off. I was like don't F'n stand on the landing. Its ice and i slid right into you. So STFU. Then he was like WTF are you going to do, he unstraps and comes all up in my bubble. The last thing i want is my pass taken away so i stay strapped in and my friend getss inbetween us. Some harsh words were said and i left and pulled a clean frontside board fakie out. Then he sucked it up and did have the box. Its just annoying how rude kids can be. It was in a crowd so some others saw it. If you were one of the others what do you think about that?

Yeh the top box is by far the best hit right now in the park although its true, something needs to be done to teach more kids not to be assholes and sit near the landing, cut you off, and other dumb stuff that I see a lot of kids do...Also one time I was skiing down past the table, and all of a sudden about 20 snowboarders sat down, waiting for the jump...They clogged up the whole trail and at that point I couldnt stop, some I clipped some kids board on the way out and he gave me shit like it was my fault he was in the middle of the trail...I apologized for hitting his board but I still think that he doesnt understand how dumb he is..

i just started going full speed at that thing and if someone is standing there just nail their ass. i have no tolerance for people fucking up the flow of the park because they can't hit shit and hike a ride on box.

the problem is i read in a ski mag a few years back there wasa collison like this and the guy ended up taking a ski to the head and dying, and the guy who hit the idiot ended up getting manslaughter. hurt them, but don't kill them.

i know exactly what you mean. about a week ago i was goin to hit the cliff drop and that box got so crowded that kids sat at the bottom of the f-in drop.i had to bail out and land on my stomach. and the kid just looked at me like it was my fault. dont let that get to you. kids like that suck anyway and they have no room to talk.

Yeah guys I know what your talking about. We put up "no parking go ride signs" on that landing area and they worked a little but not to well. The only way to enforse this is for the locals to enforce the signs. Tell the people who are sitting there to move over so they are out of the landing. Its the only way for this to happen. Once the medium park on black bear is opened up, the people sessioning that box will be in there and not clogging up cascade.

i hit a chick today after i came off that first rail...she looks at me like its my fault, luckily her guy friend had some common sense and told her it was completely her fault for sitting there. I constantly had to hop off before the end to avoid drilling people.

solution... move the flat box to the right for now, its really stupid where it is right now anyway, it spits all the little kids who can barely ski or ride right into the path of the stair set and then you end up getting cut off everytime. plus i still think the c box should be pulled and a barrel bonk or something cool and creative like that should be put in......

There was this one time, when i was teaching my girlfriend how to board. She was taking a break sitting down on the bunny hill. This other chick comes flying down the hill like sitting on her board but still straped in. I guess she was learning to. I slid my girlfriend out of the way and the girl came flying right into us. She broke my strap on mybinding and her board went into my girlfriends back. She said sorry and all that stuff. I was not mad at all at her because i knew it was mostly our fault. Now that i think about it, i should have just decked this kid in his face for being such an asshat.

solution... move the flat box to the right for now, its really stupid where it is right now anyway, it spits all the little kids who can barely ski or ride right into the path of the stair set and then you end up getting cut off everytime. plus i still think the c box should be pulled and a barrel bonk or something cool and creative like that should be put in......

problem....if you move it too far right it messes up the flow from rail to box to staircase

heres my idea... i think the only way you can eliminate stupid things like this from happening is taking out the easy part of the park we have. i know that its hard right now because we have one park open but i find that the kids that are sitting around are the ones that like ride on rails like that box so i say if they want ride on give them ride ons some where other than the park that most of the good locals ride on. i go to Kutztown and me and my roommate have been pass holders for 5 years and we have resorted to hitting up bear in the morning. he schedualed our classes so that we could go in the morning to avoid the problems at night. the other night i came off the first rail in the park and of course a few kids were sitting on the ground leavin me no room to ride away or anything so i had to bail and i put a pile of snow on their backs and i said dont F in sit here. i felt like such an ass but i had no other choice. i was in the park the day they put up the go ride signs and right after they were put up some kids sat there again i was like what is wrong with you kids can you not read!!!! and they got up and rode. but anyway i kinda rammbled on their . SOLUTION... get the kid park open with plenty of ride on rails and the intermediate park open with what ever you got. as for the expert park... set it up hard as possible the only reason kids go in there in the first place cause some things are set up easy and they like to crowd around it as they all watch each other 50 50 it. and i know at other mountains like killington, their expert TP was so hard to get in it kept people out of there so maybe like so big ass mogels or something haha i donno we need to keep the non expert riders out of the expert park...

The only way to enforse this is for the locals to enforce the signs.

I hear this all the time and think it is wrong. Patrol, Rangers, Crew all have the radios, you are the ones trained. Educate the noobs! I think expecting peer pressure to do the job is........................

I hear this all the time and think it is wrong. Patrol, Rangers, Crew all have the radios, you are the ones trained. Educate the noobs! I think expecting peer pressure to do the job is........................

I agree, people will catch on once it is enforced. Also, once the other parks are open and there are more features it should be less congested.

reading this thread, then going tonight i saw all the problems; yeah it was my first time in the park and at bear for that matter but kids just chill there, but some kids were going down clearing out the bottom of there rail so their friends could hit it. It worked. I kept to the side, after reading this thread, but if i dident i would have seen from others that you can just chill there.

there was no crew ranger or patrol saying anything to the kids that were just sitting there at times it got to be like 15 kids.

heres my idea... i think the only way you can eliminate stupid things like this from happening is taking out the easy part of the park we have. i know that its hard right now because we have one park open but i find that the kids that are sitting around are the ones that like ride on rails like that box so i say if they want ride on give them ride ons some where other than the park that most of the good locals ride on. i go to Kutztown and me and my roommate have been pass holders for 5 years and we have resorted to hitting up bear in the morning. he schedualed our classes so that we could go in the morning to avoid the problems at night. the other night i came off the first rail in the park and of course a few kids were sitting on the ground leavin me no room to ride away or anything so i had to bail and i put a pile of snow on their backs and i said dont F in sit here. i felt like such an ass but i had no other choice. i was in the park the day they put up the go ride signs and right after they were put up some kids sat there again i was like what is wrong with you kids can you not read!!!! and they got up and rode. but anyway i kinda rammbled on their . SOLUTION... get the kid park open with plenty of ride on rails and the intermediate park open with what ever you got. as for the expert park... set it up hard as possible the only reason kids go in there in the first place cause some things are set up easy and they like to crowd around it as they all watch each other 50 50 it. and i know at other mountains like killington, their expert TP was so hard to get in it kept people out of there so maybe like so big ass mogels or something haha i donno we need to keep the non expert riders out of the expert park...

The Sense of Entitlement ?

:ph34r:

SOLUTION... get the kid park open with plenty of ride on rails and the intermediate park open with what ever you got. as for the expert park... set it up hard as possible the only reason kids go in there in the first place cause some things are set up easy and they like to crowd around it as they all watch each other 50 50 it. and i know at other mountains like killington, their expert TP was so hard to get in it kept people out of there so maybe like so big ass mogels or something haha i donno we need to keep the non expert riders out of the expert park...

I completely agree, even for someone like me who is fairly new into the park, I can only hit a few of the things in Cascade right now, so if they sectioned off different areas on cascade and lower Black Bear with different skill level rails, it would eliminate the idiots who sit in the landings. I think once they get the parks set up it will be much better so I think things will get better with time..