Nice things about Camelback

cameltoe

Have you heard of "Mystery Shopper." CB uses them to help with making improvements, especially in customer service. They come here several times a season (covertly) and basically review all areas. CB generally rates very well in most areas. Areas with any deficiency is addressed asap.

I dont doubt that for a minute and this supports the theory above that the tagret demographic is the occaisional skier/rider rather than the "local" or "regular". As a one time visit I would imagine the CB experience is no different to any othe pocono resort and the size and trail variety gives it an edge, maybe countered by the weekend crowds.

I think our expectations are too high and couldn't possibly be met by anywhere being run mainly for profit.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't see me there other than to get disappointed or when I can't get out of it.

. . . . and yet you rate CB as your # 2 favorite PA Ski Area. You really do like CB afterall. All the trashtalk is for the kids, eh?

Ok, this needs a preface. For me only, no kids factor, weekend skiing only.

1. Elk - Havent hardly been there in 2 years, so why do I like it? Cause I know what I am getting.

2. CB - I like the Diamond Quad runs before 11am if ever open - then it sucks, closest to home base.

3. JF - Getting Better all the time - Snow quality is the best. - should be rated higher just because.

4. SNO - Probably would move up on my list if I re-visited.

5. BLUE - It always has a weird vibe there. I don't know why, I just don't like it - probably a lot of little things

6. BB - Just a good scene. Most fun of the 500 footers.

7. BC - The lodge is great and so is the staff. I get bored easily with the skiing though.

8. Shawnee - A nostalgic favorite.

. . . . and yet you rate CB as your # 2 favorite PA Ski Area. You really do like CB afterall. All the trashtalk is for the kids, eh?

All the trash talk is directly in relation to the parks. The biggest resort area in our area with the worst park doesn't make sense.

Employees aren't allowed to park in LOT 5 anymore. Thats a good thing for customers.

How do you back up the statement "CB mgmt is aware this..."

If there was a survey available, I'm sure you would point it to us. I would guess that CB does some of its own guest surveys and uses that information to target their largest and most profitable(to CB) segment of customers. As I posted earlier, I think the opinion you posted earlier actually shows CB seems to know what they are doing. They have been profitable "for decades" and have continued to expand. Seems like a successful business to me.

Once again, it appears you believe you are the end all, be all for knowing what is and isn't good ski area management. Let us all know when you open your ski area management consulting business and how that goes.

:werd

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

:clap2:clap2:clap2:rock:rock:rock