Nice things about Camelback

cameltoe

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is great that Camelback does not have reserved parking. That way it is first come - first served. It is great that they also run shuttle buses for those who have to get their beauty sleep and end up in the lower lots. Talk about customer service.

Yea I love that they do that too....if your complaining about walking to far from your parking spot to the mountain. Your out of shape!!!

Its a good leg warmup in those ski boots before you hit the snow. You should be thanking CB!! You crybaby. Get there earlier if you

want a good spot! Plain and simple!

Holly Cow!! A thread about "Nice Things."

Thanks for the thoughts! All thoughts and comments are appreciated -- even by the Pappa and the Anti-CB crew.

I'm just glad that there are skiers and riders out there that feel passionate about winter sports... If your not at CB, that's cool. Just keeping getting out on the snow..

Best lift arrangement out of any Poconos resort. I agree with best variety as well. Best trail grooming of ANY resort I have frequented, although trail conditions don't necessarily directly correspond unless you get to the mountain first thing in the morning. Great season pass parking at the stevenson.

Mostly easily outrun rangers. :devil:

Edited by Glenn

I think it is great how Camelback lets all the employees park in the spots closest to the lodge first thing in the morning. I wish that Malls did that for thier employees and offered shuttles for the customers who get there after they open.

I also commend Camelback on the parking situation. As your employees are having a crappy season as you must be (revenue wise) the best thing to do now is make them park @ Northridge. That will definitely make them more eager to come in.

I also commend Camelback on the parking situation. As your employees are having a crappy season as you must be (revenue wise) the best thing to do now is make them park @ Northridge. That will definitely make them more eager to come in.

I think they should ski for free including thier families and get discounted food in the cafeteria. Now that would be a really nice thing to do in addition to the premium parking spots.

Best trail grooming of ANY resort I have frequented

Okemo is the only place I've been that was better.

Great season pass parking at the stevenson.

Make the most of it while you can, next season it'll have a whoppin' great hotel on it :angry:

Nice things about CB:

Agree about the trail variety and the decent grooming (MUCH better than Blue, maybe not as good as Frost this year so far)

As mentioned above, for now, parking by the stevenson is the best lift access anywhere.

I also like that there are lots of trail "edges" to ride on / up, I just wish they would make some of the more open tree areas a little more accessible

ummm

It's really close to my house

ummm

I'm sure there's more but I'm struggling a little.

What else do you need, varied trails, decent grooming, easy access and close to home.

i like the terrain/runs and the highspeed lifts, plus the lifts like cleopatra and glen that you can use when the quad is mad busy.

i dont know why you guys give papa such a hard time about parking, at the dealership i cant just pull up to the front, i have to walk up from the back so customers get the first spots

who the fuck goes skiing and complains that they dont get front row parking???????????????????? A walk to the base area should be expected, its part of skiing at crowded mountains. The employees at camelback make next to nothing, give them a break. lazy mfrs

I think they should ski for free including thier families and get discounted food in the cafeteria. Now that would be a really nice thing to do in addition to the premium parking spots.

You and the boys all have season passes. You should park by the Stevenson, if you are there before 9:00 you can park about 30 feet from the lift.

O.k. where do we start? If you get to Windham @ 7:00 in the morning and get valet parking....yo u still have the equivalent of walking from the lower lot @ Camelback. If @ Stratton.....You must carry your gear twice that far and go through the village. Killington...same shit. I think Camelback is doing a great job with their layout especially with the lower ticket booth for those of us that don't have passes but don't need anything from the base lodge. As far as customer service is concered....I am not a douche bag and really pretty self sufficient (can figure out how to buy my pass on my own) ( I wipe my own ass too) I have skiied CB for 9 years now and NEVER had a problem. Every liftie has always greeted us, Rangers that we shared a lift with have always engaged in conversation about conditions, and general staff while doing their other duties has always offered a pleasantry of some sort during the day. Russ the bartender remembered my name and what I drank even though I came up maybe once every two weeks. Sometimes being nice makes other people want to be nice to you. Obviously, If you're an ass there going to not extend any nicities to you.

It makes Blue look huge? :banghead

The lifts are nice, allbeit, they're short because of the lack of vertical, but the lift setup is nice, and conditions are usually decent when I'm there (Friday nights usually).

In regards to parking, Blue's employees in the lower lot park in the closest spots, but the parking setup at the lower lot spreads out across the lodge, rather then going away, so there is never a far walk, but employees should be able to park wherever they want.

camelback is a great mountain. I have no problem with it. probably the biggest (acerage) in PA. I love the layout and the high speed lifts. I have, however had way too many run ins with assholes in yellow jackets who think they are hot shit. That is why I will probably never ski there again.

at the dealership i cant just pull up to the front, i have to walk up from the back so customers get the first spots

this is probably true at 95% of businesses that rely on customers who park in thier lots

who the fuck goes skiing and complains that they dont get front row parking????????????????????

a person who skis at over 20 different places a year and only encounters this phenomen at CB.

You should park by the Stevenson, if you are there before 9:00 you can park about 30 feet from the lift.

Ski Team is in the building next to Ski patrol. Besides we are at most resorts at or before 8am and the first lot at CB is always nearly full with employees.

employees should be able to park wherever they want.

really? try that attitude on any business that is dedicated to providing superior customer service

really? try that attitude on any business that is dedicated to providing superior customer service

First thing in the morning, Employees get the best spots in both lots at Blue. Granted, up top, they have their own lot, but down below, they take up a line of cars closet to the snow, I just get a front row space just 10 more feet away. Ski patrol has their own lot mid mountain, so the only people that park are cafeteria works (only a few in the morning), security (ticket scanners, who are cool), and lifties down below.

Get there earlier if you don't like your parking space. I get there at 7:15am, 15 prior to opening, and I'm closer to the snow then where you buy tickets at Camelback :wiggle

Get there earlier if you don't like your parking space. I get there at 7:15am, 15 prior to opening, and I'm closer to the snow then where you buy tickets at Camelback :wiggle

I never said I don't find a spot up close. It's the principal of allowing employees to park in the premium spots that gets me. I could understand it if it was an office building not open to the public. I think that if they are going to allow it that they should designate, Rangers, patrol, instructors, lifties, etc etc. because in all fairness that is what it is.

I mean if they want to really do something nice for the employees why not have employee of the month parking spots....