just a point and shoot snapshot...

Ski

Nick, cut school one day this week and I'll bring my professional gear up and you can even do one of Doug's Spread Eagle Crotch Grabs...

But seriously...I'll hook you guys up with some pics, if you want.

I haven't missed school in about 3-4 years haha,but anyways my shins hurt really bad,im going to let them rest all this week and do some exercises to help prevent shin bang,any suggestions on what kind of exercises I should do?

I haven't missed school in about 3-4 years haha,but anyways my shins hurt really bad,im going to let them rest all this week and do some exercises to help prevent shin bang,any suggestions on what kind of exercises I should do?

What kind of footbeds do you have? Usually you get shinbang when the boot is too loose and your foot is moving. If you get a high arch footbed it will suck your foot up tighter while still giving you room in the toebox to balance on rails. The trim to fit ones with a plastic arch are only like $30 and they're pretty good. Zapz are better and they're like $60.

I know that a lot of runners get "shin splints', which is bruising of the shins from the impact of running. I think the only thing for that is treatment by icing and rest. Your damage isn't exactly the same thing, but probably should be treated the same way----ice and NO hot tubs. How to prevent it for what you're doing is a whole different thing...I imagine a softer boot, or even having a shop cut it to increase flex.

But for exercise, a way to protect one weak muscle, is to strengthen an opposing muscle. Like, if you have a chronic sore back, one remedy is to build up your abs. You'd probably take some of the beating off your shins if you work on your calves...best way for that is to do "cheat' sit-ups, which are sit-ups with your toes being held down. That way, you're calves get the workout instead of your abs.

Ask a simple question, Nick, and you get some long-winded bullsh*t... :rolleyes:

What kind of footbeds do you have? Usually you get shinbang when the boot is too loose and your foot is moving. If you get a high arch footbed it will suck your foot up tighter while still giving you room in the toebox to balance on rails. The trim to fit ones with a plastic arch are only like $30 and they're pretty good. Zapz are better and they're like $60.

That definitely could be it...there's a big difference between loose boots and soft flexing boots.

im not going to get any boot work on my boots right now,my feet shrunk over the summer from rollerblading so much(I like rollerblades that are tight so my foot doesnt move so it just shrinks my foot)so im going to get new boots at the end of this season,the ski corner has those lange crl70's or whatever they are,my foot is narrow and will be perfect for me.

I had my boots as tight as I usually have them but I guess I have to go tighter now.