Monday February 12

SkiCamelback

For today, CB has all 33 slopes open and 5 lifts. Conditions are machine groomed, packed pow with very good coverage. Bumps continue on Lower Cleo and both parks and pipes are open. The Oakley Quarter pipe is still set up in Sunbowl. I hope to get out later this morning and I'll post a first hand account.

The temp's are expected to be near 30 degrees and being Monday, there should be little crowd, skiing and riding today will be very good.

It's 2 days and counting to the snowstorm of the winter! Will it hit the Poconos? Or will it track further south?

I thought getting stuck in the snow on the way to the mountain was what made it memorable? And what made it so much better when you get there without a problem because sometimes you do get screwed. I went to Creek last year on one of those it rained then snowed days, and the hills going to it were crazy ice and I was glad I didn't have an SUV because it was prime roll over conditions. Made up there with a bit of sliding but didn't have to get out and push so it was worth it.

I thought getting stuck in the snow on the way to the mountain was what made it memorable? And what made it so much better when you get there without a problem because sometimes you do get screwed. I went to Creek last year on one of those it rained then snowed days, and the hills going to it were crazy ice and I was glad I didn't have an SUV because it was prime roll over conditions. Made up there with a bit of sliding but didn't have to get out and push so it was worth it.

Oh yeah I have lots of memories of driving up to Mountain Creek through nasty weather. If you take the back way in it's really fun.

cb has one really nice rally turn up there. and the bus road is prety sick to mess around on in the snow.

The bus road is sick when it's full of snow. You can get some fun slides going. :rock:rock:rock