Season Pass priveledges

JibHonk

I was thinkin and like some us pay out of the ass to buy a season pass and then all we get to do is ski or board w. it. I was thinkin like next season u cood let passholders have access to the whole moutain, like pass holders go tubing for free cuz like wen its icy out it suxs to ride in and its awesum for tubing in so yea and since the food is so pricey like pass holders get 10% off of food and crap like that i know there is a discount in the shop but i wood like to see it implemented everywhere else at Bear Creek.

I was thinkin and like some us pay out of the ass to buy a season pass and then all we get to do is ski or board w. it. I was thinkin like next season u cood let passholders have access to the whole moutain, like pass holders go tubing for free cuz like wen its icy out it suxs to ride in and its awesum for tubing in so yea and since the food is so pricey like pass holders get 10% off of food and crap like that i know there is a discount in the shop but i wood like to see it implemented everywhere else at Bear Creek.

Blue lets you tube with a season pass. They just ask you to do so when it isn't crowded. I've done it a few times. ...mixed feelings on that whole tubing thing. As far as discounts go, get a job there :rolleyes:

actually preffered parking would be really cool, roundtop has it but you have to pay 5 dollars, maybe what bear could do is you pay extra on top of your pass to get a preffered parking pass, i think ide do that so i didnt have to go through the headaches of having to find a spot every day. Also mountain creek does 10% off for food so i dont think thats a bad idea either...

Food discounts are a big one. At Mountain Creek it was 25% which is a lot. It makes the food turn from insanely priced to reasonable. I didn't mind eating the cafe food when I have a season pass discount - but without it I never would. Now we eat there if it isn't crowded but on weekends we can't get a table so we leave at like 2 and get something from a fast food place on the way home. I think if you had a season pass discount on food (even if you made none/very little on food that way) you would do a much higher volume of food because season pass holders generally won't buy your cafe food. Obviously they planned out their season enough to save money by buying ahead - they're not going to be paying for overpriced food when they know the area enough to find somewhere to eat on the way in or out.

As for parking - eh I'm used to walking across Route 94 at MC, across the bridge at Shawnee, or up the hill in front of Camelback so I'm spoiled by Blue and JFBB's short walks. I think it should be first come first serve. If there was preferred parking it wouldn't change much - almost all the people there early are season pass holders anyway, so by afternoon the season pass holder lot would be full.

Right now the beneifits of my season pass at Mountain Creek are cheaper food (key), an hour earlier on weekends (not sure how the crowds are at BC but that is crucial at MC, the best runs are from 8-11 and the mountain opens for everyone else at 9), a Transworld Snowboarding subscription (don't really care), and discounts at other mountains owned by Intrawest (not possible for Bear). I could see food discounts and 1 free midweek lift ticket for a friend as a great incentive to get people to come back next year. The ticket would be the equivalent of the cross mountain discounts - which add up. I saved over $100 on the cross mountain discounts last season at Tremblant and Stratton - which was actually more than I paid for the season pass.

if all this stuff with discounts and all happens wont bear just have to charge more to make up 4 the lost money?

but this might encourage more people to buy passes

also i didnt know pass holders had a discount in the shop do we?

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

if all this stuff with discounts and all happens wont bear just have to charge more to make up 4 the lost money?

but this might encourage more people to buy passes

also i didnt know pass holders had a discount in the shop do we?

Yep like a full tune and a premium tune its basically like $5 off but its better than nuttin ya know?

Eh in terms of lost money - if they give out 1 free ticket that generates a hell of a lot of free PR and good will, and honestly 1 midweek ticket doesn't count for much the bills are the same with or without that 1 person there to Bear Creek, and even if 1/2 of the tickets go to people that would have bought tickets, a lot of people who would not have bought tickets ever will come see Bear Creek. A midweek day will give them a good impression of the mountain and they'll come back another time to buy a ticket and beyond. An extra hour in the morning would cost money, and discount food they probably wont lose much money. If anything they will sell a higher volume at a lower profit, which will equal or increase the money they make now. I think considering they will never have the longest season but they charge similar prices they should have the best deal to make up for it.

3.00 for a container of Cotton Candy. Cotton candy is pretty much frikkin compressed air and sugar. and seriously Bear Creek would make more money becuz more ppl who frequent the moutain without a pass mite be motivated to buy a pass just for the benefits. and also i'd love to use my season pass for tubing!! it looks soo fun

:bow:

good ideas Method,,,who knows better about how a ski area/resort should be run than skiers/riders. We talk to hundreds of other skiers/riders in the parking lot, standing in line, reviewing smartstyle in the park, and everywhere else. Marketing people are you listening??? Are the secret shoppers and focus groups helping???

Seriously I talk to a few dozen skiers/riders at work everyday I'm ever there, plus I make a point to talk to people on the lift to get feedback on what people like and don't like about their equipment and usually I start the conversation by bringing out this mountain or that mountain. 90% of people have no idea whats going on at the different mountains, or that other mountains really exist beyond the one they frequent. If you have someone from my area that has been going to Mountain Creek forever, and the pocono mountains are 10 minutes farther, that whole time period when MC was closed they didn't realize anyone else was open. I can't tell you how many people were like THANK YOU I HAD NO IDEA when I told them JFBB was open, or that Blue was open (most had never even heard of Blue) - things like that. Marketing is a huge problem for the mountains and word of mouth is the best source. Keep your pass holders happy and give them a way to bring in more people, make that good experience, and they will keep coming back.

Thanks for your suggestions. We are currently working on a season pass appreciation day that will take place on March 17 (St. Patty's Day). Some of the ideas we're working on include opening the lifts early for pass holders, free NASTAR racing, allowing each pass holder to "bring a buddy" for free and possibly a pass holder rail jam. You can expect some more definite plans to be announced by the end of the week.

Thanks for your suggestions. We are currently working on a season pass appreciation day that will take place on March 17 (St. Patty's Day). Some of the ideas we're working on include opening the lifts early for pass holders, free NASTAR racing, allowing each pass holder to "bring a buddy" for free and possibly a pass holder rail jam. You can expect some more definite plans to be announced by the end of the week.

Does this day include offpeak pass holders?