are you KIDDING me?????- BC Mark, please read

ltd_chick78

Skifreak, I actually suggested that during our first phase of development. They are cost prohibitive, running between $13,000 and $14,000 a space!

We have been tossing around the idea of a season pass parking lot off skier's right of Cascade that would be gate controlled. The main reason we haven't implemented it is security. As bad as it sounds, between 80% and 90% of our behavior issues occur with season pass holders. We are afraid a remote lot for pass holders could lead to some serious safety concerns even with increased security patrols/presence.

Mark ... is there plans for paving the back part of your lot? I drove in around 5:30 and noticed there were was alot of wasted space due to people's parking. Either having a huge gap between cars, or even between rows.

There are plans to pave the back lot. We are going to be using it as a staging area for the new building construction this summer and we didn't want to pave it only to have to repave it a year later.

Most altercations we have occur involving one or more season pass holder. We haven't had any serious altercations but there has been no public area that is out of the view of the majority of the public and easier to hide from security staff. All other parking areas have constant traffic and presence by security and parking attendants. If something were to occur in such a remote location the response time would be at least 5 minutes which, to us, is an unacceptable security risk.

As bad as it sounds, between 80% and 90% of our behavior issues occur with season pass holders.

Strange to see that stat, the more I think about it the more it rings true. The Irony is that the pass holders expect so much more but are probably the highest maintenance and the lowest return, so therefore the hardest to deal with. talk about double edged swords. interesting.......

so are people with more than one pass, twice as hard to deal with? and to think, we almost had 3 passes this year. :) !!!~!!!!

not to be an ass...but i was pretty pumped to hear that weren't lettin' anyone else in. and the lines weren't even that long which is strange, granted i stay on the double the whole time, and never do trails. so i don't know what the other side of the mountain looked like. but a lil FYI, if that happens again just say "i have to go pick up my little brother(or anyone else you can think of) he's waiting for me at the ticket booth." then go find a spot somewhere and you're good to go.

I'd drive a million miles......to be turned away...now that song's in my head, nice GSS!

Everybody have fun tonight,

Everybody wang chung tonight...

Sorry, I could't help but to let the 80's come out!

I have to say that I could have never seen this type of thing happening anywhere, then again I avoid HIGH volume days such as this specifically because of this reason. It's a shame that this happened. I still think Mark is comitted to making things better. The 2 for 1 deal isn't a bad idea. To get to come back on a day that is less busy would be a blessing in my eyes.

As far as the parking for season pass holders, let them mortgage their $14,000 space if they really want it :naughty.

I also find if pretty funny that the pass holders are the ones causing the problems. I know a good CCTV / Security company...

Just think of how much better Bear Creek will be with all of this constructive criticism going on :wiggle:wiggle:wiggle

Edited by boblikescats

I was there from 11:30ish till 9 and to be honest it wasnt that bad at all. The lifts lines for the double were about 4 mins...big deal. The park was fine for the most park,the jump line was good and even on the other side the lines for the quad were not bad.

When I was pulling in the lady told my mom that the lift lines for 30 minuete waits... :rofl :rofl :rofl

Parking garage for the hotel guests and one for employees with shuttle services at shift changes. Nothing too tall and crazy but i think with adequate elevators it might solve some problems. You wouldn't have to plow as much and you could even have partial indoor shaded rail jams in the warm months!!!!!!! With the slant of a garage you wouldn't even need an inrun!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!!!1!11!!1!11

Holy crap.I'm not going read this whole thread, but BC-Mark thanks for being around man! This is the best response I've read from a mountain rep on our site. You came back with a real answer quickly, and you weren't left apologizing for a lack abilty on your staff. It seems you did everything resonable within in your power to manage the situation, it comes down to you guys were swamped.

I guess better planning could have meant turning away people sooner, but all in all it was impressive to read how you guys managed the problem. Thanks for being on the site, running a mountain well, and providing no BS answer. We really do appreciate it!

Thanks for all the compliments but what makes Bear Creek successful is all the people on our team that believe in our vision and take it to heart when things don't go right. We all want to deliver perfect guest service and the best guest experience. When we fail we all feel horrible and start brainstorming on how to fix the issue and improve.

We have some pretty creative ideas already. Keep your eyes open for a survey in the near future.

Thanks again.