INSIDE SNO MTN.

liftguy

I have no idea who you are talking about

Oh Ok.... well you seem to be representing the scene for sno - so in the category of - I think you should know...............

Apparently - you HAD an employee there who also competes in park. He won his regional division and was sent to represent Sno at the National Championship event that will be televised in April called the Jeep Terrain Park Challenge. NOW.......... word has it, that Sno would not secure this employees job and allow him to take time off to go to this event.

A radio show out of San Frnacisco caught wind of this and decided to call this boss and put him on the air... I don't know exactly what happened with the radio show or whether they got a hold of him or what. There just seems to be something really wrong with this whole picture and thought you should know.

I hope that that kid gets his job back and any other deserving perks for someone who has spent thier life there along with representing Sno on a televised National level should get. capiche?

Rob, just want to run something by you on this...say you own a construction company that's been family owned and always prided itself on hard work and not a lot of hype. Just providing great work and letting your quality sell itself.

Then, one of your really hard working minimum wage kids wins a local architectural design contest and gets a chance to fly to Los Angeles for Nationals.

If the kid had represented your company well on a day to day basis and was a valuable employee, then maybe you'd even pay for his flight, right?

But what would you do if the kid was a whiz with a protractor, but blew off work half the time? What if he'd threatened another employee and was on probabtion with you?

What if you don't care about hyping your business---and nobody can convince you that hype at any cost is something you are interested in? That you only care about building great projects...

If everything was black & white, then it'd be easy.

Oh Ok.... well you seem to be representing the scene for sno - so in the category of - I think you should know...............

Apparently - you HAD an employee there who also competes in park. He won his regional division and was sent to represent Sno at the National Championship event that will be televised in April called the Jeep Terrain Park Challenge. NOW.......... word has it, that Sno would not secure this employees job and allow him to take time off to go to this event.

A radio show out of San Frnacisco caught wind of this and decided to call this boss and put him on the air... I don't know exactly what happened with the radio show or whether they got a hold of him or what. There just seems to be something really wrong with this whole picture and thought you should know.

I hope that that kid gets his job back and any other deserving perks for someone who has spent thier life there along with representing Sno on a televised National level should get. capiche?

I really dont know who this was. i'll try to find out. I had a liftie go last year and we gave him the time off. I would want him up there to represent. If an employee told me of an event he'd get it off. Being a boss for sometime now tells me that there is probaly more to the story.

I really dont know who this was. i'll try to find out. I had a liftie go last year and we gave him the time off. I would want him up there to represent. If an employee told me of an event he'd get it off. Being a boss for sometime now tells me that there is probaly more to the story.

yeah ski and liftguy............... there is always 2 sides to the story. Could be that the employment stipulations regarding attendance were layed out initially and this kid never imagined that he would actually win and need this much time off?

He told me about the employment situation at the regionals, I didn't think much more about it until I heard the Sports radio story at the Championships and how they thought it serious/funny/weird/dumb/unusual enough to put the ski resort employer on the radio. I met his family and all that and what I know, is his side, which in basic terms he was told if he wanted to compete on weekends he could but that Sno needed him to work and he had to choose one or the other. So maybe chronic absenteeism? I dunno.....

I can you tell you that this family has been going there for a very long time and is very happy that it was sold to the new owners.

Rob we didnt have a Jeep TPC qualifiying event at Sno this year, so how could he be repersenting Sno?

representing is a figure of speech, sno is his home mountain, when people ask. In all of the interviews they were asked that. I would think that was rather hard for him to do since he was just basically fired from there so that he could be at that event. picture it.

EDIT: it was a poor choice of words on my part in an earlier post.

Edited by Papasteeze

1 complaint i have that may have already been brought to your attention is the ski patrollers/instructors/sat's going through the terrain park and carving up the ramps to every rail and box in the place. They are suppose to lead by example. It's nice to have ski patrol in the park..but not jumping sideways off of the run-ins for the jibs.

1 complaint i have that may have already been brought to your attention is the ski patrollers/instructors/sat's going through the terrain park and carving up the ramps to every rail and box in the place. They are suppose to lead by example. It's nice to have ski patrol in the park..but not jumping sideways off of the run-ins for the jibs.

Ski patrollers have been ducking the rope and helping themselves to a closed race course, as well. One time, I'd just slipped a course---which means you snowplow down it to smooth any ruts---on a warm day, then we were waiting for the snow to harden as the sun had just gone down. While we're standing around waiting, two patrollers jumped into the course and destroyed what I'd done. We ended up racing through their ruts.

You'd think they'd know how uncool it is to do that.

Rob: we all make a choice as to either working in the ski industry or skiing. Sort of sounds like the kid wanted his cake and blah blah blah. Reminds me of the step daughter of the former owner of CB...she wanted to teach, but she was also a CAT and wanted to race. Her step dad told her she had to make a decision because instructors are mostly need on weekends. She decided to teach and her race career was done. She was a great kid and I give her props for not calling some radio station to complain that the world was unfair.

props for not calling some radio station to complain that the world was unfair.

Uhhhh.. all of the competitors had 2 radio station and 1 TV interviews as part of the comp hype. Most of the competitors are 17 all the way to 22 years old so it was natural for the interviewer to ask "what kind of work to you do"......

Uhhhh.. all of the competitors had 2 radio station and 1 TV interviews as part of the comp hype. Most of the competitors are 17 all the way to 22 years old so it was natural for the interviewer to ask "what kind of work to you do"......

Yep, and if the kid says my home mountain is firing me for being here so go ahead and call and ask 'em why they are such dicks...

Who knows, Rob, maybe Sno was out of line. It's just my guess---and the general circumstanes---that they weren't.