INSIDE SNO MTN.

liftguy

SOME OF YOU GUYS KNOW ME. I JUST START IN THIS FORUM. IM A SNO EMPLOYEE WHO IS WILLING TO TAKE YOUR COMMENTS GOOD AND BAD. ALSO YOUR IDEAS. I WORK 6 DAYS A WEEK SO IT MAY TAKE ME A LITTLE WHILE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS BUT I WILL AMSWER THEM. I DONT KNOW EVERYTHING BUT I WILL GET YOUR QUESTIONS OR IDEAS TO THE RIGHT PERSON. EVEN THE COMPLAINTS. WANT TO KNOW WHY A LIFT IS DOWN ASK. THATS MY SPECIALTY.

Why don't you offer 1/2 price lift tickets for the last few weeks of the season.

If you did I'd probably be heading up there instead of JF to see what it's like.

This isn't really a question to why though but more like me asking you to do it....lol

I really want to get up there to try it out though... it's on my high list..

THEY ARE ACTUALLY PONDERING A COUPLE IDEAS LIKE THAT WHEN I GO TO WORK THIS EVENING ILL TRY TO FIND OUT ANYTHING MORE.THEY ARE OFFERING A MARCH PASS FOR $129. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD FOR ALL OF MARCH. WHICH I THINK WAS A GREAT DEAL. RIGHT NOW IS A GOOD TIME TO TRY US WITH THE SPRING SKIING CONDITIONS. GIVES US A CHANCE WE ARE A NEW MOUNTAIN.

The march pass is/was a great deal, however if you are someone who isn't able to ski very frequently it isn't worth much.

Had I lived within 30 mins or so of sno then heck yeah I'd be on it...

But 3+ hours each way isn't worh the hike that often....

I definitely plan on checking you out though, even if I'm a weekend skier..

HI MY NAME IS DOUG AND I LIKE TO SKI AT BLUE MOUNTAIN I SKI 8 DAYS A WEEK SO IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE CONDITIONS ARE LIKE YOU CAN PM ME. I'M GOING TO BE ON STAFF SOON.

HI, DOUG, I WAS WONDERING IF YOU TAKE THE SIX PACK UP, CAN YOU THEN TAKE THE QUAD BACK DOWN? OR IS IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND? THANK YOU.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE YOU YOU YOU CAN CAN TAKE TAKE TAKE THE CHALLENGE EXPRESS UP...ITS NOT CALLED THE 6PACK..ONLY GAPERS CALL IT THE 6-PACK...THERE IS NOT A QUAD..IT IS CALLED THE COMET FOUR SEATER>>>>>OK...ANYWAY THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS CALVIN COOLIDGE...

IS THE COMET 6PACK HAS TISSUES LIKE AT CAMELBACK IS GOOD.

HI MY NAME IS DOUG AND I LIKE TO SKI AT BLUE MOUNTAIN I SKI 8 DAYS A WEEK SO IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE CONDITIONS ARE LIKE YOU CAN PM ME. I'M GOING TO BE ON STAFF SOON.
HI DOUG,UMM I WAS JUST WONDERINGGGGG,HOW DO YOU SKI 8 DAYS A WEEK!WHEN THEIR ARE ONLY 7 DAYS IN A WEEK...LIKE HOW DO YOU DO IT,YOU MUST BE ONE AMAZING DUDE :rofl

Liftguy, I had mention a while back about starting a thread with a wish list of improvements for Sno. I was going to wait until the end of the season but since your offer, maybe now is the time.

Since everyone could make long duplicate lists or make rediculous suggestions (like installing a tram or free tickets) I would suggest that forum members list what they feel would be the most important improvement for 07/08 and make one more suggestion that hasn't been previously listed. We could then make a poll from the list of suggestions or have members prioritize the list according their preferences. I could then summarize the list. This way you have one document to present to management. I think this would be more effective than having a long list of random suggestions, and give them a better idea of what their customers want or feel is important.

Any other Sno skiers have any suggestions on the above?

Maybe a requirement would be that you had to ski Sno at least once this year. (So you better get there Doug! :D)

Liftguy, I had mention a while back about starting a thread with a wish list of improvements for Sno. I was going to wait until the end of the season but since your offer, maybe now is the time.

Since everyone could make long duplicate lists or make rediculous suggestions (like installing a tram or free tickets) I would suggest that forum members list what they feel would be the most important improvement for 07/08 and make one more suggestion that hasn't been previously listed. We could then make a poll from the list of suggestions or have members prioritize the list according their preferences. I could then summarize the list. This way you have one document to present to management. I think this would be more effective than having a long list of random suggestions, and give them a better idea of what their customers want or feel is important.

Any other Sno skiers have any suggestions on the above?

Maybe a requirement would be that you had to ski Sno at least once this year. (So you better get there Doug! :D)

That would be great. The new owners are great. They are open minded and the best is that they listen to thier employees. We are willing to listen to it all. A list of this sort would really prove to the owners that people do like the new mountain, and that people want to see it get better. The new zipline that is coming is going to be open year round. Any help you guys give me to steer Sno Mtn. in the right direction would be great.

Liftguy, Caps lock=Stupid...

Also, do you know Gary Collins?

Sorry for the cap locks. I am a ski lift guy, not very good at spelling or typing. Therefore you guys will most likey bust me on typos. As for Gary Collins... he works for me. We call him by buttons though. So the next time you see him call him buttons.

That would be great. The new owners are great. They are open minded and the best is that they listen to thier employees. We are willing to listen to it all. A list of this sort would really prove to the owners that people do like the new mountain, and that people want to see it get better. The new zipline that is coming is going to be open year round. Any help you guys give me to steer Sno Mtn. in the right direction would be great.

Sorry for the cap locks. I am a ski lift guy, not very good at spelling or typing. Therefore you guys will most likey bust me on typos. As for Gary Collins... he works for me. We call him by buttons though. So the next time you see him call him buttons.

By the way guys..... Thanks for the info. We at Sno Mtn really want to see the mountain do good, and get better. I know we have along road ahead of us due to montage's rep.Also I will pass on the concerns for a cheaper ticket.

Edited by liftguy

Sorry for the cap locks. I am a ski lift guy, not very good at spelling or typing. Therefore you guys will most likey bust me on typos.

PFFFFTTT...THIS IS TYPO WORLD. YOU DON'T GET SH*T FOR BEING SPELLING CHALLENGED. BUT GOOD TO SEE YOU CAN TAKE BEING GIVEN CRAP FOR OTHER THINGS.

WELCOME HERE, LIFTGUY!

BTW, THE THREE PEOPLE RUNNING THE BUNNY LIFT FROM 4 TO 6PM WERE ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. I WAS GIVING A LESSON TO A REALLY LITTLE KID AND THEY ALL HAD SOMETHING FUN TO SAY TO HER EVERY TIME UP. GOOD STUFF! SPECIAL PROPS TO THE LADY LIFTIE...

New lighting (or added lights) is a top priority for next year, especially on the park. From what i understand they will be installing all new and automatic lights for next year, if this idea is only just being tossed around, it needs to be bumped towards the top.

Need more special events, deals, and other promotions if you want to attract a crowd. Once they get there and see how much they like the place they will be hooked.

Lose those cheesy a$% commercials please! They beat jimmy and johny, but not much else. Advertising for "loki's terrain park" with 1 clip of someone hitting a jump in a blurred background doesn't do much in showing what Sno's terrain park has to offer. Get some actually footage of features in the parks. Also don't forget to include mainline in the count of "2 terrain parks, possibly 3 for next year.

I know this is in the works but : park passes. Do some research and find out how some other popular mountains do it. Realistically, passes really only need to be implemented on weekends until Sno blows up. But don't do a daily sort of pass. Charge $5 for the year (throw that money into the park) and require a short video that goes over what NOT to do in the terrain park. A video with the actual features at Sno would be nice, but not necessary. Make the video available to be watched when we go to pick up our season passes.

Pre-season rail jams.

Pre-season video launches, singings, free food, anything to get the kids itching for snow to make the drive and see what Sno has to offer.

Blow a huge base on the park to keep it open as late as possible. Boomer too.

These are just my opinions, don't jump down my throat if you disagree, just state why you think it shouldn't be done. I'll add more but soon i have to wake up and drag my tired behind up to work there tomorrow, i'll keep my eye open for some improvements.

Some easy suggestions:

Blow snow nightly on the NF headwalls, that was great when you did it.

Run the new top to bottom Quad (or longhaul if quad doesn't happen) during the week, not just weekends like longhaul.

Get ride of the RFID lift tickets, it takes way too much time to scan them, and they can't be scanned if they are on your wrist under gloves or jacket.

Childrens lessons ticketing and sign up in the same spot instead of having to go to 2 different buildings.

Some compliments:

Childrens ski school instructors were great and much more valuable lessons than at JF or CB.

Your snow was great this year for what little time there was.

Everyone working at Sno was really nice.

In general, a much better, nicer place to go with better trails and snow than CB or JF. Easier to get to and noticeably better snowmaking than Elk.

My favorite place this year. See you next year.

New lighting (or added lights) is a top priority for next year, especially on the park. From what i understand they will be installing all new and automatic lights for next year, if this idea is only just being tossed around, it needs to be bumped towards the top.

Need more special events, deals, and other promotions if you want to attract a crowd. Once they get there and see how much they like the place they will be hooked.

Lose those cheesy a$% commercials please! They beat jimmy and johny, but not much else. Advertising for "loki's terrain park" with 1 clip of someone hitting a jump in a blurred background doesn't do much in showing what Sno's terrain park has to offer. Get some actually footage of features in the parks. Also don't forget to include mainline in the count of "2 terrain parks, possibly 3 for next year.

I know this is in the works but : park passes. Do some research and find out how some other popular mountains do it. Realistically, passes really only need to be implemented on weekends until Sno blows up. But don't do a daily sort of pass. Charge $5 for the year (throw that money into the park) and require a short video that goes over what NOT to do in the terrain park. A video with the actual features at Sno would be nice, but not necessary. Make the video available to be watched when we go to pick up our season passes.

Pre-season rail jams.

Pre-season video launches, singings, free food, anything to get the kids itching for snow to make the drive and see what Sno has to offer.

Blow a huge base on the park to keep it open as late as possible. Boomer too.

These are just my opinions, don't jump down my throat if you disagree, just state why you think it shouldn't be done. I'll add more but soon i have to wake up and drag my tired behind up to work there tomorrow, i'll keep my eye open for some improvements.

Glad to hear some ideas. Yes new lights are on the project list for next year. As for lights in the park... We new that we most likely would of had lighting problems this year in there, but it was just too late in the season to fix it. It was tough with being bought so late. The parks next year will be very well lit up. As for the events.... We know. We are looking for a good qualifed canidate for that position right now. That will be his/her job to get events back here. We are even thinking about bring back the once a week big air job in from of the lodge with a ram jam area next to it with its own rails. Not ones from the park. This would be hopefully a once a week comp. As for video from the park? The fly cam for the comp on sat is going to shoot a commercal sat. So any of you good fling artist out there want to be on tv show up. this will be a high def camera too. Park passes.... Yes wer are looking into them. We want to make sure we have beginner parks first before we have park passes. We are going to visit other mountains though too. Idealy we want a expert park with experts in it, and beginner park with beginners and novice park with novice. We had alot to try to get done this season in a very short time. We know we have more. But we have a young staff willing to do what it takes. with the commercials ill get with our advertising people and pass on your opions.

Some easy suggestions:

Blow snow nightly on the NF headwalls, that was great when you did it.

Run the new top to bottom Quad (or longhaul if quad doesn't happen) during the week, not just weekends like longhaul.

Get ride of the RFID lift tickets, it takes way too much time to scan them, and they can't be scanned if they are on your wrist under gloves or jacket.

Childrens lessons ticketing and sign up in the same spot instead of having to go to 2 different buildings.

Some compliments:

Childrens ski school instructors were great and much more valuable lessons than at JF or CB.

Your snow was great this year for what little time there was.

Everyone working at Sno was really nice.

In general, a much better, nicer place to go with better trails and snow than CB or JF. Easier to get to and noticeably better snowmaking than Elk.

My favorite place this year. See you next year.

We do and will blow snow for conditions when ever possible. our goal is blow big at first get the trail open than dust whenever possilbe for great skiin/ boardin. Long Haul.. thats always been a request, Im the lift director. I' ll do what I'm told but people just dont use that lift alot. The best i could say is to get everyone who likes it to ride it or request it and if its enough i would beat that the owners tell me to run in 24/7. We lookin at updating the drive in the lift which is very expensive, so we are planning on using the lift, and takin care of it. From what i heard those scanners are going to be history.I'll pass on to ski shcool about the buildings. thats for some compliments too its good to hear

Hey Lift guy.. answer this question..

I have no idea who you are talking about