Today's condtions 3/21/7

Ski

I picked Ty up after school and it was in the mid-50's and sunny...until we got to the mountain, just as this crappy, rainy front came through. The snow is slow and grippy as hell. Coverage is holding up, although Smoke was really weird; there were bumps surrounded by really wet snow in the troughs. They looked like white islands. And the sound of running water is pretty loud down on the NF. Everything is still open and the only bare spots are around the terrain park and just a small spot on the top Smoke headwall. The moisture content in the snow is really high because of the misting rain, so it'll get much better even if it warms up. The forecast is for 50's during the days and 30's at night---at this rate, Sno could stay open for weeks if people show up...but I keep getting asked if the ski season is over.

It would have been a great day if we'd cut school and been there earlier--stupid school...

Was that you at the jeep next to the wooden fence around 4ish today? I didn't see the orange helmet so i wasn't sure..Anyway i was riding from around 12-4 and the snow was annoying as anything. My base is about 75% black now from the dirt in the snow and couldn't get much speed for the stuff in the park.

Was that you at the jeep next to the wooden fence around 4ish today? I didn't see the orange helmet so i wasn't sure..Anyway i was riding from around 12-4 and the snow was annoying as anything. My base is about 75% black now from the dirt in the snow and couldn't get much speed for the stuff in the park.

Yep. It started out as a sunglasses day...no helmet. It was like skiing on glue...not that I've actually skied on glue.