bc new improvements

snowboarddude

that would be sick!!

but we all know bear will pull the we don't have enough vertical so that won't work

we can all hope bear will put some extra dirt up there so the can have more vertical

they are plenty of highspeed lifts in the world that have less vert than bear fyi.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear will not open up a highspeed lift! If bear had a highspeed lift the runs would be too crowded. Bear keeps there quad slow and has it on the most popular run because they want to keep the people on the mountain at one given time low. Imagine if they have a highspeed quad. Hitting a jump withoutgetting cut off is like driving on the skuchyll.

Tubers are gay nothing but the truth, but I don't for see them making the changes they did for a jump line that won't be permanent they moved a good amount of soil and did more with the ground for it so I'd guess permanent.

Also I'd love to see at least a quad there I mean think about it, you'd cut the wait time in half for the park and you wouldn't have to worry about kids falling and shit like that.

Here are a few updates to answer some of the questions:

1) Lighting has been improved on the tubing park jump line. It is permanent and we did add 6 new guns in that area.

2) The new lift will be a fixed grip quad. The issue is not vertical, it is the line length of the lift. The shorter the length, the more often chairs come off and reattach to the cable leading to chair spacing issues and increased down time. Last year was the first year Doppelmayr/CTEC installed a high speed with a line length as short as ours. Until that, they did not recommend installations with a line length less than 3000'. For reference, the line length on A lift is roughly 2400'.

3) The new guns went in the tubing area, bottom of Kodiak, Cub Run, Broadway and a few fill in spots on upper Kodiak, Drifter and Timberline.

I hope that helps. Check out the webcams, the snow looks great!