Mount Snow

I always watch this board. I heard that Peak has signed to buy Mount Snow yesterday. Can they handle a large destination resort like this? They have no experience with this large ski area.

Why not? They run nine ski hills in some of the toughest spots to get 'guests'...if they can hype Paoli and have it turn a decent profit, then they probably know what they are doing. Mount Snow, I hate to say, is more in the Camelback league in so far as they'll get visitors no matter what due to the easy access to NYC. To advertise/hype Mount Snow, they just need to post a bus schedule.

I want to point out that it looks like JFBB and Mount Snow will close at the same time, even though Mount Snow is 1,000 feet higher and a 4 hour drive north of JFBB. I think that says something about Peak's ability to push a long season. If they pushed at Mount Snow as hard as they do at JFBB - they could be skiing in mid may.

Just started going to the gym again this week to start doing some light stuff as I work up to sailing season. The team put the boats in a week ago and is back to 6 day a week practice but for the moment I'm still just driving the coach boat around and doing shit like that. I think late next week I'm going to try and start sailing again and then I've got a race every weekend from then until end of October, and some weeks in between. So hopefully by next winter there won't be an further injuries preventing me from snowboarding, but at the moment I'm feeling pretty positive.