Camelback Rail Jam

Seelowchamp

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the down rail was pretty fun, and so was the quarterpipe, but the other rail setups were kinda weak, mostly due to the rails themselves, and not really how they were set up. i liked the little extension on the quarterpipe a lot. i agree with whoever said that practice was a lot more fun. once the comp started, they realized that their format was just not going to work for that many people and tried to organize things, which just made everything run way too slowly. in 50 minute sessions, i think we got 3 hits on each line. there was definitely a good crew of skiers there that made the event a lot more fun.

i think i shouldve gone..... oh well. at least ill be at may day.

and by the way, can you go to mayday and hike the features during registration? haha mabye i sound stupid but i dont go to many comps.....

Edited by splooshie

First off all...I apologize for my rudeness towards papasteeze, met him last night (unofficially) seems like an ok guy, impatient, but, cool. Nips cracked me up with the outfit.

Nips said he wanted to dress like it was another day at the office. Sucked we got there so late. traffic was a b*^ch

My skin is thick, no worries! I am always nice, albeit direct, but nice..... Had some good chats with people there. in the heads up category, Build tables next year to offset the lack of steepness on your park trails.

i agree with whoever said that practice was a lot more fun. once the comp started, they realized that their format was just not going to work for that many people and tried to organize things, which just made everything run way too slowly. in 50 minute sessions, i think we got 3 hits on each line.

My first impression was wow - If they can push that crap into that nice little set up, then why can't that be done during the season? Then some things were brought to my attention.

I guess the point that I heard that stuck the most was "baby steps"... CB's intent is to improve, just slowly with the people they already have in place. If parks continue to be popular, CB is set up ideally for the center section of thier mountain to be all park.

Props to CB for spending the money they did for the Cat time and personel to pull off that errr comp - Yes.. you should do another!

The Jam Format.. well, I am guessing that that is part of CB's learning curve. Suggestion is to let everyone hit everything in sort of a free for all and then the judges narrow it down to the finalists.. Our friends down from Bristol commented on the "slow going". It's one thing to have the USASA format for thier comps and another to try and apply that to a Jam. I think the CMS influence needs to be toned down for the "informal" events.

I was so happy to see that many skiers there, usually comps around here its like the same half dozen skiers every week

Post season comp.....

[quote name='Papasteeze' date='Apr 17 2007, 10:06 AM' the point that I heard that stuck the most was "baby steps"... CB's intent is to improve, just slowly with the people they already have in place. If parks continue to be popular, CB is set up ideally for the center section of thier mountain to be all park.

Props to CB for spending the money they did for the Cat time and personel to pull off that errr comp - Yes.. you should do another!

I'm impressed Papasteeze and I'm being honest. In everyones rush to have it all now, they fail to see what has been accomplished in three short years since the new owner took over:

Bump runs, not one but two. One for learning and one advanced.

Parks - one beginners and one advanced. The advanced park features spread over 3 trails.

Pond skimming

Rail Jams

Pushing the season past the usual St Paddy's day weekend.

Most of that would have been unheard of before the new owner took over.Who knows what the future holds up there for coming seasons. It's probably a learning curve for him also.

PAX