THEY'RE BLOWING!!!!

Snwbrder940

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorta confused if they were just testing them out wouldn't they have stopped already? I mean if they are just training or testing why waste all of the electricity. Last thing if they are just training why are they doing it on a bunch of trails.

Anyway its beautiful!

Yah me and my aunt went past it, and theres snow on homestrech, then shuttle and up mainstreet. Its so nice seeing the snow. I dont know if they were just testing the guns or not. Cause theres not much blown. but it did cover some of the ground. Some mightve melted im sure. And They blew a whole 2 snowtubing lanes, what a waste.

were blowing its offical lol.. i dunno how much we'll loose but we have begun to blow some trails

the coverage on the cam looks pretty decent on homestretch...and mainstreet looks nice too....but the temps dropping rapdily, so i'd expect them to fire up any minute now, and as i'm typing this, it looks as if the guns are on in the upper mtn area (main st)

Are you guys blowing them in piles (snowfarming) to prevent snow from melting over the weekend until it gets cold at the end of the week to start the system back up?

they form the piles naturally, or at least they always seem too. and yea, of course, since they won't have 3 nights of snowmaking, there is less surface area when they are in piles, hence less snow will melt. Hopefully they get enough down tonight to last 3 days, and still have a decent amount left. As long as there is some down, thats better then nothing.

I don't know how much they blew down by the challenge lift but looks like pretty much melted from this morning. I'm still suprised at how much is still on the ground even on mainstreet it looks like. I guess thats because the sun isn't affecting it perhaps.

I don't know how much they blew down by the challenge lift but looks like pretty much melted from this morning. I'm still suprised at how much is still on the ground even on mainstreet it looks like. I guess thats because the sun isn't affecting it perhaps.

i don't think it melted, it looks as if there is snow all around the challenge lift and up home stretch, unless that is an illusion <_< beause i think i see snowmobile tracs or something

Yeah still snow on homestrech but earlier this morining there was more towards the end of homestrech heading towards the challenge lift. I thought those 2 tracks were from a sled too. I can't wait until they open I will be there the day they first open up for sure.