conditions report

joeskier

i'm confused CB claims to have a state of the art snowmaking system but according to their conditions page they are only making snow on 5 areas of the mountain. one of those is a teaching hill and the other is the park. so they are only making snow on 3 trails meadows birches and tut. i'm sure they will expand to other trails very shortly but it seems they should be making more snow then what they are. i understand these are popular areas and that they are limited to how much air and water they can pump out. and I'm not saying they should have the whole mountain covered in one night but come on, you say you have the best snowmaking system? prove it open with a record amount of trails.

I dont know i may be looking at this wrong or am just anxious to get out there. :banghead

i'm confused CB  claims to have a state of the art snowmaking system but according to their conditions page they are only making snow on 5 areas of the mountain.  one of those is a teaching hill and the other is the park.  so they are only making snow on 3 trails meadows birches and tut.  i'm sure they will expand to other trails very shortly but it seems they should be making more snow then what they are.  i understand these  are popular areas and that they are limited to how much air and water they can pump out. and I'm not saying they should have the whole mountain covered in one night but come on, you say you have the best snowmaking system?  prove it open with a record amount of trails.

I dont know i may be looking at this wrong or am just anxious to get out there. :banghead

Unfortunately they will only do what they need to do to keep up with the other area resorts, and they are only blowing on the areas you mention, I went by there this morning.

It was still lovely to see all those guns blowing though. :D:D

I've just been looking at the camelback trail / snowmaking report, it seems they are going to have basically one (two?) run(s) top to bottom this weekend, starting on either the Birches or Tut and then down the Meadows or the "terrain park" (if that's what a rail and an unprepared half-pipe can be called).

If it's busy it's going to be carnage at the top of the meadows..

I've just been looking at the camelback trail / snowmaking report, it seems they are going to have basically one (two?) run(s) top to bottom this weekend, starting on either the Birches or Tut and then down the Meadows or the "terrain park" (if that's what a rail and an unprepared half-pipe can be called).

If it's busy it's going to be carnage at the top of the meadows..

no i bet one or two other's will be open top to bottom . they'll prob get margies, marc anthony or cleo covered. but if temps stay like this they should be able to get a good portion of the west side covered. the east side takes days to cover one trail. raceway and nile takes like 3- 24 hour days of snowmaking to cover. who knows its CB. they have been know to be inconsistent.

Blue has only a few trails listed, and Blue is the king of snowmaking in the poconos (they actually have the most advanced snowmaking, btw). Wait until they get KEY trails covered, so they know they can open, and then they'll expand. I'm sure what you see now isn't all what they'll have open. :)

They are probably just making more snow on a few trails, insted of some snow on some trails. This way all of Xmas week (assumining it is cold) they can make snow and open up new trails throughout the week. Also if it is warm xmas week having a base of snow will help to keep thin spots away.

I don't see CB having more than 7 open. They may have the facilities to do it, but I think they would rather have a real solid base down on the first 7 and then worry about expanding. You will probobly see the rocket open within the week. Maybe some of the smaller begginner trails too.