Messed Up Snowboard

forumpl155

hey, i don't have time to take a pic of it right now. but the backside edge of my snowboard is starting to get jacked up from jibbing rails. aka it's getting rounded off in areas which means it ain't diggin into the ice coast. any way to fix? I figure no and I'll be buying a new board next season probably. it's a forum peter line 155 wide. any ideas on a new board? I was kinda looking at the forum youngblood board. looked tight...

hey, i don't have time to take a pic of it right now. but the backside edge of my snowboard is starting to get jacked up from jibbing rails. aka it's getting rounded off in areas which means it ain't diggin into the ice coast. any way to fix? I figure no and I'll be buying a new board next season probably. it's a forum peter line 155 wide. any ideas on a new board? I was kinda looking at the forum youngblood board. looked tight...

take it to a board shop, they may be able to sharpen it up to fix it. and if u wanna dull it a lil for rails after u get home just grab a file or stone and go at it. if it is arched or dented i would say fuck it and get a new one. but if it is just rounded off go get it sharpened to fix it, then dull it to your likeing

nah I got a sharpener, but the prob is there's like grooves in it from that retarded 3wide rail they got there where I fell back a couple times and it just grinded it down. I'm thinking next season Ill get new board...

how deep are these grooves? i assume the sharpener wont remove them, may need a new edge?

can you remove the edge and put a new one on? I assume it'd probabnly cost a good deal but it's a lot cheaper then buying a new board...

its proly cheaper to do that (if it is possible, i think it all depends on how much opther damage to the board there is.) but my bet is it won't last very long, and wont be near the quality of ur original edge. i would say just have them do there best to repair it at a top notch shop without replaceing it, and retire it at the end of the season.

:rock

i don't think a new edge wouldn't be any worse then my current one IF i can even do that... It all comes down to how many rails I do and if I fall or not. and u need to fall to learn... I absolutely destroyed it at blue when I fell backwards on the fun box... it dulled a section of about like a ft wide....

i didnt mean the new edge would be worse then the one u have now. i am just saying that it isn't going to be mounted as well as the factory edge. it just dosen't seem physically possible for it to be with haveing to re-bond it. i really don't know what to tell ya. i still think ur best bet would be to take it to a shop and get their opinion. u'd be surprised what those guys can do with a lil love, lil p-tex, and the proper equiptment. but thats just my advice. you don't gotta listen to me by any means, haha.

well I'm gonna hand tune it real quick, see how bad it is still, which I know it's still gonna not hold an edge worth shit on the ice coast which means Ima take it to the local shop here. I'll see what they say. if not maybe I'll get a new board over the summer, but the problem is I need a board I can ride the whole mountain with and also hit the terrain park. a board with no backside edge doesn't help. was lookin at the forum youngbloodz board though.

well I'm gonna hand tune it real quick, see how bad it is still, which I know it's still gonna not hold an edge worth shit on the ice coast which means Ima take it to the local shop here. I'll see what they say. if not maybe I'll get a new board over the summer, but the problem is I need a board I can ride the whole mountain with and also hit the terrain park. a board with no backside edge doesn't help. was lookin at the forum youngbloodz board though.

keep the old board for rails, keep that new board lookin nice! :woot

ye ye I figured I'd do that right now with my two boards but it's a pain cause my old board is junk and I really don't like the feel of it on a trail. once I get nice boards going though probably should be easier

yea i had that same problem. i started using my old board as a jib board. but the thing is SO shitty that i hate even takeing it with me to places. so i started jibbin with the newer one and it is going to shit fast. but new board next season should take care of the issue.