Jackson Hole vs. Steamboat

OutCold

Sweet. Steamboat is a blast. I've been trying to get back there, but I've been having trouble rounding up a posse to make the trip. I think the aspen riding is super fun there, but most of the evergreens were a bit tight for my liking. I like the tree riding better at WP but the hike only terrain above morning side is super good. Unfortunately it's also super short and requires a hike out as well. I pretty much stayed on the storm peak most of the day. There are some really obvious cliffs on lookers left of that lift. They are fun, but most of them have flat landings if you send them big.

Post some pictures for sure when you get back.

Thanks glenn, I'll do what I can about the pics. I'm planning on taking a disposable camera so I don't have to worry about dead batteries in the cold. I'll get them on a cd when I get them developed.

How do the trees compare to trees in Vermont? I've done some of the black glades at Killington and I can't image things being much tighter than that. I always imagined the trees out west were generally more open.

I've never ridden vermont so I really have no idea. The evergreens that are tight, really just have branches towards the base with big treewells under them. So, between the danger factor, and having to push through branches, and generally turn more than I wanted, I didn't have the greatest time, but the snow was good. The aspens are pretty spacious, maybe 6 feet on average between trees, some sections it's 3 feet or less, some its 10 feet or more. The aspens are fun because you can see well ahead, and the sun shines through. Also, get up the gondola, and stay away from the base area as best you can. When you get there you will realize why.

If you are riding on tues there is a chance I will be there. If you are interested in meeting for a few laps send me a PM. Getting there is dependent on some car issues I'm having right now, and talking some girls into coming there with me.

Also... since you are staying there, don't pass up the hot springs.

How do the trees compare to trees in Vermont? I've done some of the black glades at Killington and I can't image things being much tighter than that. I always imagined the trees out west were generally more open.

Don't worry dude most EC places could really use a DR power mower (Julio at KT or Toliet Bowl are pretty damn tight) when you get to the west you won't have any problems. Remember see the gaps not the trees.