Monster Rail Jam 2007 @ Park 1260 - 10/27/07

skier150

MONSTER RAIL JAM 2007

On October 27th, 2007 Park 1260 is hosting the Monster Rail Jam 2007. Come out and start the season before the snow even leaves the first snow-gun. Thanks to Snow-Gel and our recent park upgrades we will have a super slippery surface in place for the entire event. The new rails is ready to go and everyone's favorite box will be setup as usual. It does not matter what your ability level is, we have something for everyone... even if you just want to watch.

Some things you might want to know:

- Visit www.twelve60.com for more information, click on the Monster Jam link.

- Skiers and Snowboarders of all ages (6+) are welcome to attend.

- $10 donation to compete, free to be there.

- Parking is limited so please car-pool if you can.

- Release form must be signed prior to sliding at Park 1260, download one at the website.

- Directions are available on the website.

- Halloween costume contest going on all evening!

- Hot Food and Cold Drinks will be available for a small donation.

- Remove all the wax from your base and keep your edges detuned.

- Learn how to ride a park feature in a safe and private environment, see website for more details.

ITINERARY:

9:00a - 12:00p : morning coaching session

12:00p - 4:00p : afternoon coaching session/mini-comp

5:00p - 6:45p : competition practice

7:00p - 9:00p : competition (2 or 3 runs per competitor, depending on amount of entrants)

9:00p - 11:00p : open rail jam

10:00p : competition winner announcement and prizes

Monster Rail Jam 2007 is Brought to you by:

-BackyardTerrainPark.com

-DNA

-DogFunk.com

-LINE Skis

-Mountain Creek Resort

-Obermeyer

-Red Bull

-Snow-Gel

-Sports Chalet

-TwinTipNation.com

Hope to see you there!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we will still be having the rail jam on Saturday 10/27. We have been working on setting up almost 4000 square feet of tarps over most of the park and viewing areas. Bo the weather.com and accuweather.com forcast the rain to end by tomorrow afternoon anyway. Actually it looks like good weather for the competition, not too cold and not too warm.

So come on out and have some fun! Bring a chair along with if you are not competing so you can have a seat by the campfire.

Remember that www.twelve60.com has all the details!

what is park 1260 made out of?

Elmers glue and popsicle sticks along with some blood, sweat, and tears...

Really though its an astro turf like material that you slide on. Two runs of it side by side. The right side has interchangeable features, either an aframe rail or flat 16' single coping rail. The left side is a lovely flat down box.

Nice job! I have had zero time to even upload my footage.

Noticed you got some of the hotspots where the lights were as well. I think doing a whitebalance can help correct this, somewhat anyway... I'm gonna try it next time.

I didn't think to white balance at night. I have only done that during daylight hours. I got a lot to learn with moving stuff around after the music is added. It is a pain in the ass to figure out how to move clips to the beat of the music, to many gaps get created, I somehow chopped the song and it repeats 3 times in the middle like a broken record! hahahah anyways nips made his first edit and that was mine.