C-Rainbow Box

The_Public_Enemy

pretty nice, but i'd cover the sides and add some coping.

you can cover them with all kinds of stuff, treated ply, skatelite, sheet metal, i know theres more but i cant think right now.

i built a flat box with coping before but i tried to turn it into a rollercoaster box and i failed horribly....

From the third world website:

The beautiful C-Rainbow box. Its covered in plexi-glass right now and it seems to slide perfectly fine. We're thinking about bending some rails and attaching them to the sides, but were not sure if they're necessary and worth the money yet. We'll have to test it more. Anyway, Right now its working out great and is a totally awesome feature.

We discovered that adding coping would be a very good idea, haha. An asshole kid that my friend decided to have over tried to slide it. The only problem is that he sucks and he didn't land flat on the box, but at an angle. A big chunk of plexi came off and gouged a huge core shot into his board

So right now, the C-Rainbow is out of commision until some coping is added. We did get a new 20' round rail today though...

• 3 months later...
I want to build some boxes but there is no hill in my back yard.

uhhh here is a quick little how to if you need to know. go to home depot and buy some plexi glass material called lexan. it slides just like plexiglass except its ten times stronger. for like a 2 foot by 4 foot sheet is like 45 bucks. for coping you can you use all sorts of things like angle iron or round steel stock. when you put the coping on make sure its like 1/16 or an 1/8 above what ever material you have underneath. and as the frame work goes, i would say thats the easy part.just think of what kind of box you want make some dimensions draw whatever and get going with the power tools. a lot of times finding the right top sheet is usually the problem. well lexan is really good, a lot of mountains use lexan for their top sheets on there boxes, and i'm almost positive its the same material used for those unbreakable water bottles made by naglene. just remember you really should use coping. and as far a hill goes build a drop in ramp. cant say i have built on of those but it sounds pretty easy.