Why is the lift stopping... again

Glenn

Yeah, so I was up at CB today. The place was pretty empty, which was nice. Got a bunch of runs in, in not that much time. Though this group, of younger people (at most middle school aged), had no clue how to use the lift or any other part of the mountain for that matter, but I could care less if they fall all over the trail. The whole thing was, there was about 20 of the, and every time they got on/off the lift every single chair in their group had to be stopped for one reason or another. It was somewhat gratifying to see one of them not get off the lift, and have their ski's get caught on the loop around and face planting on the deck, but still sucked because I was three chairs back. Anyways, only got stuck on the lift once with them, but that ride was stopped at least 7 times (they were in front, and behind me).

Anyone have similar issues?

I would also like to add, they were not English speakers, so it was impossible for the lifties to communicate what they were doing wrong so they wouldn't do it next time. :banghead

Edited by dthmtluncrn

Wow that sucks. I get mad when one person does it. I can't imagin how bad that must have been. People should learn how to get on and off the lift on the bunny slope. But as well as being too stupid to get on and off the lift i suppose ther also too stupid to know there doing some thing wrong.

Yeah, I also rode the lift with a little girl who snowboarded and had step-in bindings. So when she got up to the loading line, shes snaps in and waits for the chair, the attendant didn't stop the lift but they did yell at her. So then while we are riding, she uses her sisters ski pole to detach from the binding, presumably to avoid being yelled at when getting off the lift. The thing is, it was the quad, there isn't anywhere to ride when you get at the top. You have to skate to the top of whatever trail you are using.

Wow idk know what she was thinking, but a lot of the time i see people straping in to their snowboards for tut at the double chair right by their. then once they realize how far they are from tut they unstrap and go were every one else straps in.

My favorite is people who sorta drop/throw down there board on tut to strap in to it (they were walking and carrying it, and not umm skating, or whatever the snowboard term for it is) and they drop there board...Then it starts going down the trail....thats always funny (BUT very dangours for anyone down the hill) to watch.

My favorite is people who sorta drop/throw down there board on tut to strap in to it (they were walking and carrying it, and not umm skating, or whatever the snowboard term for it is) and they drop there board...Then it starts going down the trail....thats always funny (BUT very dangours for anyone down the hill) to watch.

I've seen that happen a few times. Those things fly once they're dropped. Some stupid guy downhill tried to dive on it and got the wind knocked out of him pretty bad. He's lucky he didn't get hurt worse.

Until one gets launched, and hits you...Those things freaking fly...If it is on a trail anysteeper then mark anthony or something...they really pick up speed, to the point where you cannot catch them.

The one I was racing was well out of the "catchable" point, for the person who owned it. I had no intentions of trying to stop it either, I just didn't want to get hit by it, so I rode faster, and got out of the way.

The one I was racing was well out of the "catchable" point, for the person who owned it. I had no intentions of trying to stop it either, I just didn't want to get hit by it, so I rode faster, and got out of the way.

well its a good thing you won cause that would be pretty pitiful to be beat by a unmaned board, or ski :naughty

I hate the fact, that its in the skiers satfey code to have a knowledge of how to load/unload the lift, but they don't get their ticket clipped. Sure it may not be as dangerous as riding off marked trails, but it sure is annoying to the rest of us. It's clearly marked on your ticket that you SHOULD know how, so they have their fair warning. I vote clip the ticket if they have to stop for you.

Maybe not clip, as accidents do happen, but deffinatly mark something on the ticket (if people are falling off the quads and upper mountain lifts) so people don't get away free either.

It's only to be expected on the bunny lifts, just like, other tolerances are given on the bunny slope. But yeah on the real mountain lifts, something should be done.

i agree, i would like to see some kind of enforcement. But i mean its the big things that i hate, but once in a great while i might loose grip of one of my poles, and they either have to slow it down for 2 seconds, or else the liftie can grab it in time for someone behind me, that stuff I can see happening, but being knocked off the lift? I have NEVER had that happen to me. Just get to the end of the runway quick enough, and it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, I'm not talking about the things that take 2 secs to fix, where you the lift just slows for a second. Today when the lift stopped the 7 times I was on it, were were stopped for at least 15 secs a piece. The one time it took about 2 min.

Hmm I think lifities packen some shotguns would get people to clear out REAL quickly ;)

But honestly, if something happens, even 1 time every 1000 runs you take, it shouldn't effect you, but if it happens 1 time every 2 runs you take...well if they gave you a warning the first time, then made you watch the video the second time or something....

I've NEVER had a problem. The closest is when my brother was riding with me, and caught his edge during unloading, he then goes under the chairlift, but manages to grab the seat and pull himself out, and ride away like nothing happened. This was 2 years ago at big boulder. Don't think it would work on a normal lift because they move faster.