how does the park look?

Justin

the park opened today and im sure someone had to ride it, so how was it? whats there? anything new?

Well the lower park has always been the beginner park per say, and there was a box, and that mailbox, and one jump, which was a decent size, could've been nicer though. The mountain was great, was great to have the quad, and you could see the new trail they're cutting for next year :woot

god awful sums it up rather well. typical blue mountain fashion. a jump with no lip, the landing not nearly steep enough, the flatbox was ride on and deathly slow with no landing, and the mailbox was the same. the little roller afterwards was fun to butter on though. blue needs to get their act together ASAP.

god awful sums it up rather well. typical blue mountain fashion. a jump with no lip, the landing not nearly steep enough, the flatbox was ride on and deathly slow with no landing, and the mailbox was the same. the little roller afterwards was fun to butter on though. blue needs to get their act together ASAP.

hey, what were you wearing?

btw, they do have thier act together, they have real trails open, unlike Camelback. The terrain park is 1 trail, buddy. :D

Well the lower park has always been the beginner park per say, and there was a box, and that mailbox, and one jump, which was a decent size, could've been nicer though.  The mountain was great, was great to have the quad, and you could see the new trail they're cutting for next year  :woot

where are they cutting the new trail? i only got up there on opening day and didnt see anything. havent been on the other side of the mountain yet.

i have a dark green salomon jacket with offwhite salomon pants and a black helmet and a frames. i realize the park is only one trail, but they half-assed it, as usual. look at what bear creek has set up right now and you'll see what i mean. instead of making the take off for the jump so wide, make the jump longer. the lip wasnt terrible, but you could come in to the thing half speed and still flatbottom it. the flatbox did have a landing, but it dropped off too quick. the mailbox just didnt have one at all. if they built their rails higher up, on top of a little table or something, you would have a much better lip and landing for the rails. just some simple things they could have done to make the park much better.

ha it will probably be complaint worthy, unless management actually lets the park crew kids have their way this year. we can hope. and the only reason i am complaining is because i know they can do better than that. they didnt give the park crew kids any work yet, everything in the lower park was just built by the groomers. if they let the park crew loose, stuff will be much better.

we'll see is right.. if im on here more ill see whats getting set up.. as for all this "ride on" rail talk... we cant build rails with gap on/jump on.... its either an insurance issure or a ski patrol issue.. its not the choice of the groomers.... i know that

yea where has everyone been, almost EVERY park in PA has ride-on rails (which is just another reason why im moving out west).