Buckman's KOP Rail Jam

johnnypowder

Hey I know it's early but just wanted to let everyone in on some info about this season's rail jam:

Sat 2/23/08

King of Prussia Mall Parking lot (over 8000 sq ft area)

3pm start

Confirmed Pros as of 11/15/07 are:

Keir Dillon

JJ Thomas

Erik and Bjorn Leines

Hanna Beaman

with more Pros to be determined. (we expect to have up to 10 Pros this year!)

Ryan Neptune is going to handle the course set up.

This year we are doing separate divisions for Boarders and Skiers! Still will do heat format.

We are also working on a Pro/Am where we will pair a competitor with one of the Pros to compete as a team against the other Pro/Am pairs. In addition to throwing down your best trick with tips from a Pro, you will get face time with your Pro throughout the day and get to hang out at the VIP Hospitality Tent.

For the Pro/Am you will need to be a registered competitor in either the Ski or Board division. We will set a date and all those pre-registered online by that date will be eligible to be selected for the Pro/Am. If we have 10 pros, we will randomly pick 10 from the registration list. We are still working out all the details for the Pro/Am but it should be fun!

Hope to see you there...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I might be attending.

Even if you don't compete it will be a great time! Lots of swag for all!

We've moved the start time back to 3pm so if you aren't competing you can still spend the day on the slopes then come out in the afternoon and check out the event.

• 4 weeks later...
i finally made a profile here so i can post to this ahah.

i would love to ride in that, any info you can give me on registration??

registration should be online early next week. i will let everyone know when it is ready. this year we are going to do it on our own website so there won't be any added fees.

registration will be $30 BUT we are giving every competitor who pre registers online a pair of Skull Candy earphones ($25 value) plus a free lift ticket (approx. $50 value). not sure the exact lift ticket offer, it might end up being a buy one get one but anyway you slice it you will still get free skiing somewhere. could be Sno, could be somewhere in NY or VT.

if you show up and register the day of you won't get the frebbies!

only those who pre register online will be eligible to be chosen for the Charity Pro/Am. we will post a cut off date when we will choose the participants and everyone who registers before then has a chance to be paired with one of the pros.

more will follow but this is going to be a definite don't miss event!

-JL