sharpening blades

zaldon

Hmm I think mostly there 5-10 bucks...Plus a dimond stone (get a pack of a few for another 5-10 bucks...Probably a good investment.

I am not sure what is recomened for boards, but with skis its usually a 2 or 3 degree side(or 92/93)

2 would be WAY to aggressive for someone who rides in the park. Talk about catching an edge when you land. But yea, there are some good edge tools (www.reliableracing.com) out there :D:D

if you ride rails then de-tune the center part of your edge and the part closest to your nose and tail....you dont want to catch on a rail and fly forward violently.

This happens when the rail is in bad condition, or the rail is made of a soft material, or you land on the rail wrong. I keep pretty sharp edges and haven't had any problems when the above things are fine. If you're a hardcore jibber doing handrails etc, then defintely detune. However, if you want to stand a chance of actually holding an edge on an icey black, detuning is not the wayh to go.