TR Jack Frost 12-10-07

RidgeRacer

Got to the lot around 12:00. Overcast skies, there was no rain / freezing rain as predicted although it was pretty cold and damp. There were very few cars in the lot. I booted up and found the place practically to myself. I did a run on Easy rider then over to Janes Lane. The snow was wet / fast and groomed very nicely. Still great coverage everywhere. Made my way over to T Bolt and Challenge. There were more people on this side of the Mt. The snow was great for carving on both Challange and T Bolt. There was still plenty of snow left in the trees but because it was wet I was sinking in it a little bit, not the best tree skiing snow. The snomaking whales were large on Exhibition and it looked the same on East Mt. Overall a fun day. I'll be back tomm probably around noon again. If anyone will be there. I have grey pants, olive green jacket, grey helmet. Give me a shout.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

do you think it would be worth it for a 2 hour trip there for the day, i was talking to a kid who went on sunday and he said it was really fun, im just not sure about the weather, he said the entire mtn was open which seems pretty appealing over driving to hunter but i would have a place to stay.

do you think it would be worth it for a 2 hour trip there for the day, i was talking to a kid who went on sunday and he said it was really fun, im just not sure about the weather, he said the entire mtn was open which seems pretty appealing over driving to hunter but i would have a place to stay.

The entire Mt. is not open. In fact the best part of the mt. isn't open (East mt.) That being said what is open is really fun. I have no idea what Hunter has open. But I'm sure the terrain there may be better than waht JF has right now. It's probably worth the 2hrs to JF, especially if you're really itching to get out. Conditions have been really good. Although if it's raining i'd probably save the gas money for another day.

Is that the same split rock that had a little ski hill with a T Bar way back?

Yep, They closed in 02 or 03, that's where I learned and had planned on teaching my kids there for the first couple of years. Split Rock also has a pretty cool "hole in the wall" bar called the Rock Bar in the old lodge on the lake. The new plan is to take my kids to Eagle Rock for the first couple of years.

Yep, They closed in 02 or 03, that's where I learned and had planned on teaching my kids there for the first couple of years. Split Rock also has a pretty cool "hole in the wall" bar called the Rock Bar in the old lodge on the lake. The new plan is to take my kids to Eagle Rock for the first couple of years.

Eagle Rock is a good mountain for a beginner that were I started. They don't get the crowed like other areas and it mostly beginner slopes. That how it was like five years ago when I went there lasted