Got some info

skifreak

I noticed for a few years now there has been like a crossing from razors edge straight over into the woods towards paradise, also when you go up the quad they have a rope fence there...what is it last season I saw a snowmobile in there but I don't have a clue what it is?

Atomic...lol I was thinking the same soon they will outdo camelback and have the most trails and vertical in PA but could you really count trails like connector and other short trails as trails lol.

I love trails like X-ing though. I was skiing untouched courdory throughout the day. I mean, there had to be 2 other tracks the whole time. I love courdory! :woot

i was at blue yesterday and i was talking to my cousin on burma lift adn i said look at that skier he was doin like mach 10 down the chute and i said i bet he lands up like sonny bono not 5 seconds later my cousin goes oh shit ur right he did. and i turned around to look and i saw the guys flipping down main st. i was like holy shit i didnt mean to actually jinx him tho.

i was at blue yesterday and i was talking to my cousin on burma lift adn i said look at that skier he was doin like mach 10 down the chute and i said i bet he lands up like sonny bono not 5 seconds later my cousin goes oh shit ur right he did. and i turned around to look and i saw the guys flipping down main st. i was like holy shit i didnt  mean to actually jinx him tho.

haha sounds like me....I ate it on wednesday when I was skiing by myself. I ate it BIG TIME, going down chute, nonetheless. Thank god for a helmet, and it was going down the chute too, but I wasn't doing Mach 10, dam mashed potatos grab your skis :angry:

If Blue out does CB, mabey CB will step it up.  Or is that just wishfull thinking.

Well, they have this ad running on billboards right now that says coming attaractions, and it shows the far east of the mountain. The area that was once another mountain (Can't remember the name). Basically east of nile. So I'm wondering if they are going to cut a trail that way, or even put in another lift and cut lots of trails. Then again, maybe they just showed that portion because it was more picturesque because its just the trees, no lift towers, no gates and NO WATERSLIDES :banghead

Where is that?  The old resort was called Big Pocono Ski Area.  They still have a trail or two visible.  That would be awosome if they put in more trails.  (as long as they're not more greens)

They have 2 or 3 billboards along 33 and 80. If I bring a digi up to the mountain I'll get a picture of one of the ads.

Yeah there are trails all around in there. Mostly bike trails and stuff. Every once and a while when we get a big dumping of snow, me and my friends hike over nile and ski through there, but you sorta have to know what you're doing.

Its also like a freakin' spy game or something, because the trails come close to nile, and the rangers don't look kindly upon skiing out there and some will chase you, but there are lots of places to hide in the woods.

I saw 2 four-wheelers in there tonight while I was stopped on Nile. All you could hear was these huge motor noises, and 2 headlights in dark out there. Everyonce and a while they would get like 6 feet away from the trail. I kept thinking how crazy it would be if they just went right on the trail with their 4 wheelers. It would be interesting to see how the rangers would react. They already looked pretty pissed :D.

Edited by lurker

Anyone know if they are decent to bike on? Any technical single track stuff or just double track stuff? I was thinking about heading up to ride them this summer, but didn't want to make the trip if it was lame. Especially since I have a network of very nice trails less than a mile from my house :D

i found out from a kid one time there are mad trails there, downhill trails and what not. he told me how to get there and everything, i dont want to be a prick but he said dont tell anyone because they are his friends trails and they maintain them. so im not goin to announce it on a message board. but yeah if you know where your going you will find very, very nice biking trails down.

i found out from a kid one time there are mad trails there, downhill trails and what not. he told me how to get there and everything, i dont want to be a prick but he said dont tell anyone because they are his friends trails and they maintain them. so im not goin to announce it on a message board. but yeah if you know where your going you will find very, very nice biking trails down.

Ok, thanks anyways.

Yeah, me and my friends use to bike there before we built our dirtjump park. Its really awsome and crazy, besides that fact that you basically need someone to shuttle you back to the top everytime. If you and your friends have driver's licenses, then this isn't a big deal, but if only your parents can drive you, then they might not want to do that :D .

Yeah, me and my friends use to bike there before we built our dirtjump park.  Its really awsome and crazy, besides that fact that you basically need someone to shuttle you back to the top everytime.  If you and your friends have driver's licenses, then this isn't a big deal, but if only your parents can drive you, then they might not want to do that :D .

So its defintely not x-country riding, only downhill, or you guys are just lazy?

Oh yeah, The Loft gives away free maps to the place. I'm sure they don't have the trails that Lineski's friend built and stuff on them, but who knows, you might stumble into them if you're lucky.

Edit: The ones we did were basically strictly downhill. You would drive to the top behind Nile, and it would almost be like a lift ride up, and then you would bike down some crazy trails and you'd be all the way at the bottom of the mountain. You might be able to find some xc. I always went to Glen Park for that.

Edited by lurker