Jumps in freedom

yeah i noticed that too when i was there the other day.... in my opinion they should-

*make the take-offs less steep

*therefore, making the landings longer/farther away

*clean cut the takeoffs

too bad im too nervous to do any park stuff anyway....i cant have another broken ankle......lol it was funny, i felt like a complete NOOB all i did was 50-50 a flat box and straight air the jumps .........i did so some little 180's off the ground though....either way its great to be back on the snow.....sorry for posting my tr here, i will post a better one in my thread

No he is right, the rebuild on the jumps in freedom sucks hard. They are too tall for their length. You have a 10 foot high ramp with a 3 foot gap, and then one just as high with 0 gap, and then you have a 10 foot step down that is impossible to get speed for and drops you hard. Make the first one 6 feet high with a 5 foot gap, same thing for the second one, and make the last one a bit shorter but same drop and it would be good. Right now you burn so much speed going into the 2nd jump because you can't air high (since the gap is 0 it is basically a spine) that you can't flow any speed into the last one. If it was a normal table you could keep speed up for it would be doable. They where fine last year, it is just the most recent rebuild that has them wierd. I know they want to make it easy - but for an easy jump look at the first one on the right at JF. What they have now does not teach people anything about jumps because they are such weird proportions.

The original point of the jumps on freedom was for them to be a "bmx" style jump, that shoots you higher then it does longer. I agree last time i was there they had kinda let the lips get flat and they no longer shot you UP. But i think you people are misunderstanding the point of those jumps. It wasnt to have a huge gap, it was to shoot you high.

The original point of the jumps on freedom was for them to be a "bmx" style jump, that shoots you higher then it does longer. I agree last time i was there they had kinda let the lips get flat and they no longer shot you UP. But i think you people are misunderstanding the point of those jumps. It wasnt to have a huge gap, it was to shoot you high.

That would be well and good if you could get speed for them or they shot you up. I waxed my board the night before and was bombing them straight a 2 foot jump hardly intimidates me and you couldn't get any air off the 1st one if you hit the rail before, and the 2nd one any air at all would shoot you past the landing, and same for the 3rd you couldn't clear it no matter how well you hit the second jump unless you skipped the 2nd jump all together. They need work.

It's the baby park, sounds like it is time for you to quit being a baby?

Ah the glory of the internet, I can't tell whether you're serious or not. But either way, I know it's their little park. I think the other jumps they have up are amazing. But it seems like it'd be so easy to fix those jumps I don't understand why they don't. And by the way no I didn't know that was the way the jumps were designed but as method said, they don't do that well either.

are the jumps fixed yet?

You didn't hear? We had some crazy weather back here... Blue got three and a half feet of blower pow and everything at Boulder melted and everything burnt down. Some crazy type of climate reversal...

Edited by T*Maki

but shouldnt the babies have something good to learn on that would provide the same feel as the larger jumps so the learning curve between freedom to love than love to boulder is not that high?

Well there is a big jump between Freedom and Boulder or even Love. Jack Frost is the next step up from Freedom, the 2nd jump at JF is a 10 footer with a 3 foot step down, it requires a good amount of speed going in but if you case it, it is not a disaster, and if you clear the knuckle it is a real deal landing.

papa - haven't been there in 3 days? so I don't know. I'm resting my legs before my trip next week 5 days of riding long days is going to burn me so I stopped going on wednesday.