BB conditions on 1/6? Rain/snow tonight? Love Park setup? drive from Philly worth it?

TT C6

Weather.com is calling for rain and sleet all night. :(

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go up tomorrow from Philly? (and go to bed now or go out) :confused

It would be great to hear what it's doing (rain/snow/nothing) from someone up there now,

and what they think the conditions will be/are tomorrow. :halo

Any details on Love Park's rebuild?

If anyone wants to meet up,

or wants to ride up with me,

shoot me a PM with your info. :)

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go up tomorrow from Philly? (and go to bed now or go out) :confused

It would be great to hear what it's doing (rain/snow/nothing) from someone up there now,

The rain was on the showery side, so the snow shouldn't be affected much at all. From the looks of the radar, it's about over. Don't know about BB, but JF blew a shitload of snow and these showers will do nothing to it. There is also a lot of snow in the glades. It was a really sweet day on Saturday. It is definately worth the trip to JF.

Edited by bigdaddyk

I'm heading to Sno Sunday.

Cool! Have fun.

I've never been to Sno.

Maybe you can reply in this thread about how Sno compares to BB when you get back? :halo

I'd like to know how the conditions and the terrain parks are.

I'm always looking for well built and maintained 15ft-35ft jumps. :yes

Cool! Have fun.

I've never been to Sno.

Maybe you can reply in this thread about how Sno compares to BB when you get back? :halo

I'd like to know how the conditions and the terrain parks are.

I'm always looking for well built and maintained 15ft-35ft jumps. :yes

I don't do the parks, so I won't be much good for comparison. I haven't been to BB in a while. I usually go to JF or Sno.

Never ever trust the weather.com/accuweather or anything forecasts for your decision to go. If you have a season pass, go no matter what the weather when you have time, I had great days in pouring rain because no one is there and the snow is soft and grippy. If you are buying a ticket and the forecast looks maybe good maybe bad, go, it is always good. Especially at JF. Snow breads snow, the man made stuff lowers the temperature. The elevation lowers temperature. THe shade lowers temperature. Something about JF lowers temperature (maybe the river) more than most places. If it is rain elsewhere it is snow at JF. Just go, I have that philosophy, I use it to decide on marginal days skiing probably 6 or 7 times a year, so far at least twice this year, and one of them ended up being my best day of the year. THere has never ever been a day where I said, damn I shouldn't have come today.

Never ever trust the weather.com/accuweather or anything forecasts for your decision to go. If you have a season pass, go no matter what the weather when you have time, I had great days in pouring rain because no one is there and the snow is soft and grippy. If you are buying a ticket and the forecast looks maybe good maybe bad, go, it is always good. Especially at JF. Snow breads snow, the man made stuff lowers the temperature. The elevation lowers temperature. THe shade lowers temperature. Something about JF lowers temperature (maybe the river) more than most places. If it is rain elsewhere it is snow at JF. Just go, I have that philosophy, I use it to decide on marginal days skiing probably 6 or 7 times a year, so far at least twice this year, and one of them ended up being my best day of the year. THere has never ever been a day where I said, damn I shouldn't have come today.

Method nailed it...Go skiing ... or riding (whichever you do).

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

6:30 AM - I have a home at JF..

Dry right now - Windsheild DRY No Ice or rain. ~ Temp mid 30's, ~ forcast looking pretty good, slight chance of passing rain or drizzle, and maybe some peaks of sun ~ Looks like it should be a decent ski day.. :rolleyes:

Today was so much fun.. it ended up being pretty nice out, I hope you went. Not really crowded either, but honestly Boulder doesn't really ever get crowded. Not as much as Blue or BC anyway.

megan stop being a weekend warrior and come ride at bear creek with us, that is all.

Today was so much fun.. it ended up being pretty nice out, I hope you went. Not really crowded either, but honestly Boulder doesn't really ever get crowded. Not as much as Blue or BC anyway.

Megan, what trail are you on that BB doesn't get crowded? Tell me the secret.

Megan, what trail are you on that BB doesn't get crowded? Tell me the secret.

Haha well..maybe I was talking about the liftlines..but on Saturdays especially, or any "crowded" day really, if you ski/ride while everyone else is eating lunch, there's literally no one on the slopes. Saturday was a little ridiculous on Boulder...We were trying to film and there was just crash after crash of kids having NO idea what they were doing hit the jumps there. And since I was filming on the knuckle of the second jump, I had to deal with whoever crashed there haha. Some little kid knocked the wind out of himself and was flipping out, and I had to tell him he was still alive haha.

Edited by k2fujative