Halfpipe - Should it stay or go?

BC-Mark

Halfpipe's future  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should we fill the halfpipe in next summer and make it more terrain park?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could build gap step up jumps in the pipe. Build the jump on the base angled towards one of the walls and you gap up to the flat.

You could also build some sick hip style hits in there as well.

You could place a rail, box, or the mailbox angled along the lip of one of the walls for some fun slash style board slides.

Lots of fun stuff you could do with the terrain over there.

Edited by burton71

either flatten the side on skiiers left of the pipe and make the other side in a nice quarter pipe/hip and use the rest of the area for more jumps and rails, or move the big staircase to that side so it has better placement orrr make the area into a rail garden with rope tow; however it goes please take out that huge wallride as well because like everyone's saying no one uses it and it breaks the flow of the park up.

Bear has said they have tried to get snowflex before and couldn't actually get a real quote out of the company.

That was strange because they were aggressive with followup and very interested in Bear when I was talking to them Aren't they doing that huge park in Texas?

pipe is mad fun, but when the weather doesn't go your way its just wasting valuable space. just build features as it is now

Bears pipe is mediocre. They have random ass chunks of ice sitting on the walls and the flats are really small and chunked up

Bears pipe is mediocre. They have random ass chunks of ice sitting on the walls and the flats are really small and chunked up

yeah thats because they hardly ever groomed it but i thought they were gonna try and do it better this year too bad the weather isnt working out for a pipe.

I think one of the best and easiest things to do would be to used the terrain to make some really nice hip hits.

Build some nice hips on the deck of the halfpipe walls and use the transitions to extend the landing areas. It would allow for the creation

of big hips using less snow.

Looking down the half pipe from the top you could build one near the top on left and then another one on the right down towards

the bottom.

Are you stupid??? that would waste so much snow when they could just blow it other places

That def wouldn't work. I'm all for stockpiling snow but its a lot easier to push snow downhill then dig it out and carry it around. Just pile some more up on the top of the hill and push it down, it would be more efficient.

i saw this thing on mythbusters where adam and jamie both built snowmen and put them outside in like 80F with high humidity and one snowman had warm winter clothes on and the other was just snow....the snowman with the clothes lasted much longer then the naked snowman...has bear ever considered puttin a tarp over their stockpiled snow?

There is nothing inherently warm about clothing/jackets they just insulate your core from the outside world. If your core is colder than the outside world, they will keep what is inside the jacket warm. The same applies for a tarp, it keeps what is underneith dry, but it doesn't have much insulation compared to a jacket because it is so thin. I don't think it would have the same effect. It would keep the water off though. I have wondered that too, they cover baseball fields, put a spool of tarp at the top of the trail, hook it on the back of a cat and pull it down during the warm spells might be cost effective. Snow is so expensive to make, a place as small as bear and under the influence of such weather swings might make it worth while. I don't know how much that would cost but at some point it is worth it. I also don't know how you would roll it back up again.