snow making in progress???

g15

Is there any snowmaking going on up at Sno? I don't see any snowmaking symbols and it seems like it's cold enough.

and, pizza wedge, come on !!

Right now it's 31 degrees in Scranton, so it is not cold enough to blow. When I got into my car this morning at 8am, it was 27 degrees, so it might have been cold enough for them to blow last night, but I don't know.

Ah, how fortuitous! Sno just updated their website:

"Sno Mountain has received 10" of fresh snow over the past 3 days!!!

Snowtubing is scheduled to open Friday evening, weather permitting.

Snowmaking has continued and will continue when temperatures allow to ensure that Sno Mountain continues to have the best conditions available!!"

Sno received 10 inches of natural snow????? Wow...Lake effect???

That's about what we got, but the second snow was beaten down by heavy flakes at our house. I worked in North Joisey yesterday, so it was pretty interesting to see the varying amounts. Tobbyhanna had a lot of snow, then it was just a dusting by the time I got down to CB. East Stroudsburg is brown, as is the Water Gap, except for high up on the rocky peaks. Then as you travel on Rt. 80, it's snowy on the hill tops and brown in the valleys. But it was snowing steadily in Morristown and Parsippany.