Good Runs at Knob this Weekend?

Tim says

I'm heading up to Blue Knob for the first time this weekend...anyone have any runs (of what's open) they'd recommend?

And, if a run is closed, is it going to be fenced off like at seven springs or am I going to be able to sneak on without much trouble. :tinfoil:

Edited by Tim says

When you come across East Wall to Stembogen look to your left, if it looks good rip it. The glades off Jack Rabbit are $$$ and there is a little cliff near the lift. I like the Ditch too.

I don't remember there being ropes just a closed sign, though who knows what coverage is like there right now.

When you come across East Wall to Stembogen look to your left, if it looks good rip it. The glades off Jack Rabbit are $$$ and there is a little cliff near the lift. I like the Ditch too.

I don't remember there being ropes just a closed sign, though who knows what coverage is like there right now.

Chances are if a trail is closed the Knob, it is probably not worth skiing. They are usually very liberal with their trail openings.

Unless they get a foot of snow, don't try the glades on the lower part of the mountain. They are very rocky and only open with lots of snow. Not worth tearing the shit out of the bottom of your board.

Now that i look at the map, none of the lower stuff is open. Grooming was always good when I was there early. I recommend getting fresh tracks and ripping down Jack Rabbit or Expressway. If they get fresh snow, they won't always groom Expressway and it is fun before it gets skied out. Mambo is a fun long green windy trail, but normally gets skied off quickly. If they do open any part of the lower mountain, Stembogen is a fun trail and also Upper/Lower High Hopes.

Deer run is great. You can get lots of speed and make huge GS style turns on it. Only problem is that it is pretty short. But yeah def get some runs down Deer Run. Forgot all about that one :)

As for the terrain park, last year what I saw you could hardly call it a terrain park. There were a few rails and a few tiny jumps, and a school bus just covered with snow. I never once saw a "park crew" and it wasn't maintained. Things could have changed, but all of my info is from last year.

Are the rails any good? Or did they literally pick up a pipe rail from a skatepark and drop it in the snow (which is what they do at Hidden Valley). Because on a snowboard those tend to be pretty much impossible unless you're shaun white.

I've been checking their website and it doesn't look like they have a whole lot open. I hope that changes by monday though. It seems like the knob is the only halfway decent mountain within an hour and a half from here.

I dunno how far it is from PSU, but I hear Holiday Valley in NY is a sweet mountain.