CBK Video Contest

Ashleigh S

In honor of National Safety Awareness Week (Jan 19-25), we have started a contest on YouTube to submit your best video which covers all 7 aspects of the Responsibility Code. 1st place will receive a Platinum Card for the 2008/2009 winter season!

Details of the contest:

* videos can be created by an individual or a team

* videos must be made at Camelback

* videos must contain all 7 elements of the Responsibility Code

* videos must be submitted by Friday February 29, 2008

To submit your video, visit www.youtube.com/group/cbkcontests, join our group and upload your best work. I've seen some of the videos that you have posted in these forums, and I am looking forward to seeing what you can come up with!

For more information on National Safety Awareness Week, visit our website at www.skicamelback.com

The safety tip of the day is: Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.

What are the 7 aspects - and what is a Platinum card?

My skier responsibility code napkin says...

1. Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.

2. People aheadh of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.

3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.

4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.

5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.

6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.

7. Prio rto using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.

Glenn is correct about the 7 elements of the Responsibility Code.

A Platinum Card is a fully transferable card that is pre-loaded with 8 open-to-close lift tickets valid any day of the season.

The tickets can be used all on one day, or spread out throughout the season.

I am really looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

The safety tip for the day is: You must not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.