The Trans Am thread

RightEmpire

Probably one of the sickest comps in PA history, or at least in Boulders history. The level of riding was crazy. Kids from all over the east coast showed up. The setup was great as well. It started out with like a 5 choice jib section: custom coffee table, zumiez couch, Boulder park propane tank, long picnic table, and a grill bonk. Then there were 3 choices at the bottom: a flat rail all the way on the left, a mini "Arctic Challenge" QP in the center and a marshmellow barrell bonk on top of a pyramid.

The only thing I thought was funny was the results. I wasnt expecting the 3 kids that won to even place. Plus the guy who got first happens to ride for Oakley...

Overall, it was a really fun day. Preston was announcing which is always good. Tons of free product from Oakley, Dakine, Ride, and Zumiez. There should be a bunch of pics and edits popping up all over in the next couple of days.

Probably one of the sickest comps in PA history, or at least in Boulders history. The level of riding was crazy. Kids from all over the east coast showed up. The setup was great as well. It started out with like a 5 choice jib section: custom coffee table, zumiez couch, Boulder park propane tank, long picnic table, and a grill bonk. Then there were 3 choices at the bottom: a flat rail all the way on the left, a mini "Arctic Challenge" QP in the center and a marshmellow barrell bonk on top of a pyramid.

The only thing I thought was funny was the results. I wasnt expecting the 3 kids that won to even place. Plus the guy who got first happens to ride for Oakley...

Overall, it was a really fun day. Preston was announcing which is always good. Tons of free product from Oakley, Dakine, Ride, and Zumiez. There should be a bunch of pics and edits popping up all over in the next couple of days.

marc killed it but yeah i hear you about the rest of the results but whatever man it was fun as hell

marc killed it but yeah i hear you about the rest of the results but whatever man it was fun as hell

actually yeah, Marc deserved getting second, but 3rd and 1st were wack. I dont even remember cardoni riding and Kempson was killing it but not a sure stand out. the kid who won best pants should of got third ( I think his name was John O'Connor) and Yoder should of got 1st.

Haha I heard the judging was REALLLY REALLY biased. My friend Nick competed and he said that the kids who won shouldnt have.

Wernt all three kids who placed boulder kids? :rolleyes:

Did he think he should have won???? Just because he could do the most hucked, arm spinning, fence destroying tricks youve ever seen??? Im sorry but that kid has decent skills but he needs to calm the hell down and work on his style rather then doing 1080 frontflips out of 4 foot rails and such...IMO

For the record judging for TransAms is usually done by a mix of High Cascade employees and some times park staff. The judging criteria is a little different from your standard contests so yeah, the guy who does an extra 180 in his spin might not win.

Yeah, but the kids who I and a bunch of other people think should have won were riding the whole course with style and consistency. The judging was done by some High Cascade staff, a couple reps from Oakley, and I think a couple Boulder park staff. If it was up to Preston and the other announcer to decide who won, I think these 2 kids would have placed highly.

Did he think he should have won???? Just because he could do the most hucked, arm spinning, fence destroying tricks youve ever seen??? Im sorry but that kid has decent skills but he needs to calm the hell down and work on his style rather then doing 1080 frontflips out of 4 foot rails and such...IMO

No he isnt the kind of person to think hes better than everyone. And he said he didnt think he should have won. But he said the people who did win didnt deserve it.

Edited by librider

Cordoni's McTwist thing was nailed early on - I noticed it and didn't see anything else that compared. Yeah there were certainly a lot of smooooooth riders there, but I thought Cordoni definitly stood out with a first trick. I don't know about the other two, everyone else sort of blended together...

Cordoni's McTwist thing was nailed early on - I noticed it and didn't see anything else that compared. Yeah there were certainly a lot of smooooooth riders there, but I thought Cordoni definitly stood out with a first trick. I don't know about the other two, everyone else sort of blended together...

I think I saw it but I didnt know that was Cardoni. Were you watching the finals? I thought the small kid with the purple pants was killing it and Preston was pointing him out everytime he dropped.

Oh yeah, some kid aired out of the QP and took out the judge.

yeah w/e fuck the judging.. who honestly showed up looking to win something? i showed up to spin bonk onto a BBQ and thats about it.

hahah yeah that one kid did the ugliest hucked out spin though to flat/fence. I got a nice laugh out of it.

cardoni did grabless mctwists, big deal he did suck on everything else but who cares honestly ?

u paid $10 to hit nice shit, a mag subscription, a dvd, stickers, free shit being thrown out, and fucking pizza and drinks.

yeah im a pizza and soder dude

Edited by poop

I thought it was an amateur competition.

If the kid who won rides for oakley doesnt that count as being somewhat pro?

i ride for K2 and dalbello, but i'm certainly not pro. as far as the industry is concerned, you're not really 'pro' until you've got a signed contract with someone. if somebody is getting hooked up by their local rep, or even the product manager for a company, they're not really pro until its on paper.

I thought it was when you started to win money for competitions...thats when you obtained pro status. At least thats the way it is for other sports i believe

You can win money from little contests and still not be pro. What about all the pro riders who don't ride contests at all? There are tons of them out there who'd rather film and such, and just don't like the contest vibe and competing in general. IE. Jeremy Jones. He'll occasionally ride in the Verbier Extreme.. But other than that, he's not much of a contest rider at all.